Re: Can't see files but I know they're there

glee

      6th Jul 2012
"Tony" <tony Battle@ tesco.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am using Windows 7 and I have a partition with over 80Gb of data on
>it. However my computer (explorer) suggests that the partition is empty
>although properties does show 80Gb of data used. Treesize however
>shows all the data & I can actually open files from within Treesize.
>
> What do I need to do please, for my computer (explorer) to show my
> files again?

Tony, ask in a Windows 7 forum:
http://www.sevenforums.com/

--
Glen Ventura
MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009

Char Jackson

      6th Jul 2012
On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 19:22:13 -0400, "glee" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Tony" <tony Battle@ tesco.net> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am using Windows 7 and I have a partition with over 80Gb of data on
>>it. However my computer (explorer) suggests that the partition is empty
>>although properties does show 80Gb of data used. Treesize however
>>shows all the data & I can actually open files from within Treesize.
>>
>> What do I need to do please, for my computer (explorer) to show my
>> files again?

>Tony, ask in a Windows 7 forum:
>http://www.sevenforums.com/

I don't think the problem described above is Win 7 specific, but FYI
there's an active Win 7 newsgroup at alt.windows7.general.

glee

      7th Jul 2012
"Tony" <tony Battle@ tesco.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Char Jackson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 19:22:13 -0400, "glee" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>"Tony" <tony Battle@ tesco.net> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>Tony, ask in a Windows 7 forum:
>>>http://www.sevenforums.com/

>> I don't think the problem described above is Win 7 specific, but FYI
>> there's an active Win 7 newsgroup at alt.windows7.general.

> Thank you. I didn't realise that there was a Win7 newgroup; there
> wasn't when I last looked. I have checked the forums but they didn't
> help. I use XP on another computer and have always found this ng so
> helpful and as. like you. I wasn't convinced the problem was Win 7
> specific I posted the problem here.
>
> I have now reposted to windows7.general

Did you *ask* on the specific forum I linked (one of the better forums)
or did you just *look* to see if someone else has already asked the same
question?
The problem may not be Win7 specific, but the resolution may be....
Windows Explorer, as well as the kernel and many other parts of the OS,
is a totally different creature in Win7 than it is in XP. That is why
asking Win7 questions in an XP group isn't a good idea.
--
Glen Ventura
MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009