Re: Can't print from MS Office after installing Vista SP2

Mike Hall - MVP

      14th Sep 2009

"leftylenn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I recently started having problems with printing from MS Office
> programs. I did system restore and the problem was fixed for about 5
> days. Then Vista SP2 installed and I'm back to not being able to print
> from MS Office programs. I know Vista SP2 has to be the problem but when
> I go to the list of installed updates, I'm not permitted to uninstall
> it. Ugh!! I know the printer is fine because it works fine printing from
> MS Office programs when it's hooked up to another computer in the house.
> How can I remove Vista SP2? Or is there another solution? I really need
> to be able to print from MS Office programs.
> FYI, it's a Dell printer I'm using. Any suggestions?
>

> --
> leftylenn

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the printer.. maybe using a
later driver from the printer manufacturer website?

--

Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

KimberlyH

      22nd Sep 2009

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> "leftylenn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > I recently started having problems with printing from MS Office
> > programs. I did system restore and the problem was fixed for about 5
> > days. Then Vista SP2 installed and I'm back to not being able to print
> > from MS Office programs. I know Vista SP2 has to be the problem but when
> > I go to the list of installed updates, I'm not permitted to uninstall
> > it. Ugh!! I know the printer is fine because it works fine printing from
> > MS Office programs when it's hooked up to another computer in the house.
> > How can I remove Vista SP2? Or is there another solution? I really need
> > to be able to print from MS Office programs.
> > FYI, it's a Dell printer I'm using. Any suggestions?
> >

> > --
> > leftylenn
> >

> Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the printer.. maybe using a
> later driver from the printer manufacturer website?
>
> --
>
> Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

I also cannot print after installing the SP2 for Vista Home Premium - cannot
print from Microsoft office except through Send to OneNote or Adobe's PDF
files.

Printer drivers have been updated Brother MFC420CN - no issues with them -
LEXMARK printer has no issues but was not installed prior to the update.

Regards,
Kimberly

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

      23rd Sep 2009
Rather than just update, uninstall and reinstall the printer.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

news:(E-Mail Removed)...