Re: Can't enter data in Date field on form

Jeanette Cunningham

      3rd Dec 2008
Hi MarieM,
2 things to check:
Does the form have its allow edits set to yes.
Check the locked property of the data text box,
- on the property tab for the text boxk
- on the data tab
- if locked is set to Yes, then change it to No.
Open the form in normal form view and see if you can edit the date.

If still no luck:
Look at the query that is the record source for the form.
Open the query in data sheet view and look at the navigation buttons at the
bottom.
Can you see the * on the right end where you would click to add a new
record?
Check if you can add a new record to this query.
Some queries will not let you add a new record - if this is the case - the
query is called 'not updateable' and you will not be able to edit the data
of this query.
If this is the reason, you will need to make a new query for the form that
will allow you to edit the date.