Re: Canon Pixma iP4500 printer head problem

Arthur Entlich

      15th Jul 2008
You may wish to remove the head and make sure the contacts between it
and the printer carriage body are clean and secure. Be careful in the
handling when you remove it. It may be that some foreign material got
in there and the contacts aren't connecting correctly. You can gently
clean them with a soft paper towel and some isopropyl alcohol, but do
not place a lot of pressure on them.

If that doesn't correct the issue, the head in your printer is called a
semi-permanent type, meaning they do indeed wear out over time and can
be user replaced. If it has failed, (and you are getting quite a heavy
service from the printer, particularly the black head) you probably can
have it replaced under warranty. If you are out of th warranty period,
the heads are available online at a number of places.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

xandrag47 wrote:
> My Pixma iP4500 is 6 months old. I used it one day, and all was fine,
> then the next time I turned it on, it says there is no printer head or
> the one installed is incompatible with the printer. Have tried
> reinstalling the printer drivers x3 without success. Printer does
> between 500 -1,000 pages per week most weeks, mostly black, but some
> coloured stuff of late. Also tried cleaning the head gently with a
> tissue. Any helpful advice would be very much appreciated.

John Chapman

      15th Jul 2008
Arthur Entlich wrote:
> You may wish to remove the head and make sure the contacts between it
> and the printer carriage body are clean and secure. Be careful in the
> handling when you remove it. It may be that some foreign material got
> in there and the contacts aren't connecting correctly. You can gently
> clean them with a soft paper towel and some isopropyl alcohol, but do
> not place a lot of pressure on them.
>
> If that doesn't correct the issue, the head in your printer is called a
> semi-permanent type, meaning they do indeed wear out over time and can
> be user replaced. If it has failed, (and you are getting quite a heavy
> service from the printer, particularly the black head) you probably can
> have it replaced under warranty. If you are out of th warranty period,
> the heads are available online at a number of places.
>
> Art

For this model of printer in the UK you will discover that a replacement
printhead costs the same or more than a brand new printer.

measekite

      15th Jul 2008

John Chapman wrote:
> Arthur Entlich wrote:
>> You may wish to remove the head and make sure the contacts between it
>> and the printer carriage body are clean and secure. Be careful in the
>> handling when you remove it. It may be that some foreign material
>> got in there and the contacts aren't connecting correctly. You can
>> gently clean them with a soft paper towel and some isopropyl alcohol,
>> but do not place a lot of pressure on them.
>>
>> If that doesn't correct the issue, the head in your printer is called
>> a semi-permanent type, meaning they do indeed wear out over time and
>> can be user replaced. If it has failed, (and you are getting quite a
>> heavy service from the printer, particularly the black head) you
>> probably can have it replaced under warranty. If you are out of th
>> warranty period, the heads are available online at a number of places.
>>
>> Art

> For this model of printer in the UK you will discover that a replacement
> printhead costs the same or more than a brand new printer.

I told the guy to buy a new printer a few days ago and use Canon ink for
the best trouble free results.

measekite

      16th Jul 2008

Michael Johnson wrote:
> measekite wrote:
>>

>> John Chapman wrote:

>>> For this model of printer in the UK you will discover that a
>>> replacement
>>> printhead costs the same or more than a brand new printer.

>> I told the guy to buy a new printer a few days ago and use Canon ink
>> for the best trouble free results.

> Maybe one day you'll realize no one listens to your lame advice.

It is quite apparent Junior that they do and you do not like it. But
that is the way the cartridge crumbles.

FB

      16th Jul 2008
measekite wrote:

> Michael Johnson wrote:
>
>> measekite wrote:

>>> I told the guy to buy a new printer a few days ago and use Canon ink
>>> for the best trouble free results.

>> Maybe one day you'll realize no one listens to your lame advice.

> It is quite apparent Junior that they do and you do not like it.

No one listens to your insane diatribes about something you know nothing
at all about.
You're a austrian fascist bigoted atheist lying pig.
Do yourself a favor and get lost.

Brendan R. Wehrung

      16th Jul 2008
Michael Johnson ((E-Mail Removed)) writes:
> measekite wrote:
>>

>> Michael Johnson wrote:

>>> Maybe one day you'll realize no one listens to your lame advice.

>> It is quite apparent Junior that they do and you do not like it. But
>> that is the way the cartridge crumbles.

> Keep on hallucinating.

I'd defintely say he has a "head problem".

Brendan