Re: Canon IP5000: yellow misses rows

Gene West

      8th Mar 2010
rencaa wrote:
> Thank you. I did a deep cleaning and nozzle check again(I already did).
> All the colours are perfect, yellow too but the yellow line is half
> compared to the others!
> I really can't understand what is the problem with yellow!
> If somedbody has an idea please help! I don't want to by a new printer,
> I used this one not so much.

Sounds like a problem that I had with a black head on my Canon 4000. My
black only printing had a white band also much like you are describing.
I tried cleaning multiple times with different approaches, all to no
avail. I played with various modes with the draft and normal modes
obtaining the same problem. I worked on putting my printer into a mode
where it printed with the good half only and I got it to work but very
slow. The mode (I can't remember) was something like Hi Res paper and
photo. I believe it was put into a unidirectional scan (probably 4
swipes) which used the good portion of my head.

My analysis is that 1/2 the head is used for one direction and the other
half for the reverse direction. Don't know the algorithms of the Canon S/W

I finally took a chance on it being the print head and purchased a new
one for about $55 and now it works as new.

I don't know how the original head failed, but it did.

Hope this helps,
Geneo