PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Re: BSOD-Unmountable & others

 
 
Daave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      27th May 2010

(cross-posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)

antioch wrote:
> Win XP SP3 - currently updated. Win Live Mail, IE8.
> No recently ADDED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE - seems important.
>
> Sorry re the length of this thread - it could have been longer. But
> I have tried to keep it short and with the latest situation -
> For the last 24 hours I have had a series of BSODs - not all the same.
> The 2 today have been Unmountable_Boot_Volume and having got through
> that, more recently the Kernal_Stack_Inpage errors.
>
> This morning I could not start/boot the computer at first, but
> eventually, more I think by luck than judgment, I got it to start and
> all seemed fine. I went out and came back some hours later, having
> left the computer on, only to find a BSOD with C0000218 Unknown hard
> error. Did a restart and got the computer up and running.
> Did a restart all OK.
> Switched off then on and got a BSOD, the Kernal - well at least it
> was anew one.
>
> Following troubleshooting in MS help and this newsgroup, I have tried
> various methods and got the computer running again.
> First tried the recovery console method but the press 'R' did not
> activate and respond - had not previously either - last known etc did
> not work previously either.
> Did a restart - let it run all the way through - got to the little
> blue train running through the tunnel - spent a couple of minutes at
> least watching this, then got BSOD Unmountable again.
> Restarted again, F8 and got the select boot device - inserted my OEM
> XP disc - selected the hard drive hit enter and at last the chkdsk
> started - it went through all phases, then it suddenly disappeared
> and the computer went through the normal start sequence - I allowed
> it to start with NORMAL XP - up came the welcome screen and all OK -
> and so far I have been using the computer without any particular side
> effects.
> Since then I have done another dskchk from start/run - went through
> all three phases until it got to 'verifying usn journal' - seemed to
> hang there for a while then the window disappeared.
> I have also run a scan for errors on C: via My Comp/Prop/Tools[is
> this the same as chkdsk] - result was 'unable to complete' in the
> third phase - no reason given - backed up all personal files, email,
> favourites, address book etc.
>
> Currently I am scanning for any 'nasties' and I have a laptop with
> which to keep in contact with the newsgroups.
>
> I will of course not know if I still have a BSOD problem until I
> switch off later tonight. A restart was again OK.
>
> Reading other posts/threads/forums etc I have a feeling that the HD
> may have a problem, seeing that I have had a variety of BSODs in the
> last 24 hours. So I am collating the best advice for a clean install.


I'm sure you need to replace the hard drive.

You can verify this by running the appropriate utility depending on the
make and model of the drive. You would need a working PC to build a
bootable floppy or CD.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Antioch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      27th May 2010

"Daave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OnzdUIU$(E-Mail Removed)...
> (cross-posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
>
> antioch wrote:
>> Win XP SP3 - currently updated. Win Live Mail, IE8.
>> No recently ADDED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE - seems important.
>>
>> Sorry re the length of this thread - it could have been longer. But
>> I have tried to keep it short and with the latest situation -
>> For the last 24 hours I have had a series of BSODs - not all the same.
>> The 2 today have been Unmountable_Boot_Volume and having got through
>> that, more recently the Kernel_Stack_Inpage errors.


CLIPPED

>> Reading other posts/threads/forums etc I have a feeling that the HD
>> may have a problem, seeing that I have had a variety of BSODs in the
>> last 24 hours. So I am collating the best advice for a clean install.

>
> I'm sure you need to replace the hard drive.
>
> You can verify this by running the appropriate utility depending on the
> make and model of the drive. You would need a working PC to build a
> bootable floppy or CD.
>

Hi Daave
I also think the HDD is gone
I am waiting a reply from the Maxtor forum for advice on that - could not
find anything on the Seagate/Maxtor site - well nothing that indicated what
I needed/could use for a scan etc.
I have the Windows XP CD+SP3+all updates on disc since SP3+backup which I
keep updated as and when the computer is running.

Thanks for the Xpost to hardware.

Antioch


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Daave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      27th May 2010
Antioch wrote:
> "Daave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OnzdUIU$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> (cross-posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
>>
>> antioch wrote:
>>> Win XP SP3 - currently updated. Win Live Mail, IE8.
>>> No recently ADDED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE - seems important.
>>>
>>> Sorry re the length of this thread - it could have been longer. But
>>> I have tried to keep it short and with the latest situation -
>>> For the last 24 hours I have had a series of BSODs - not all the
>>> same. The 2 today have been Unmountable_Boot_Volume and having got
>>> through that, more recently the Kernel_Stack_Inpage errors.

>
> CLIPPED
>
>>> Reading other posts/threads/forums etc I have a feeling that the HD
>>> may have a problem, seeing that I have had a variety of BSODs in the
>>> last 24 hours. So I am collating the best advice for a clean
>>> install.

>>
>> I'm sure you need to replace the hard drive.
>>
>> You can verify this by running the appropriate utility depending on
>> the make and model of the drive. You would need a working PC to
>> build a bootable floppy or CD.
>>

> Hi Daave
> I also think the HDD is gone
> I am waiting a reply from the Maxtor forum for advice on that - could
> not find anything on the Seagate/Maxtor site - well nothing that
> indicated what I needed/could use for a scan etc.
> I have the Windows XP CD+SP3+all updates on disc since SP3+backup
> which I keep updated as and when the computer is running.
>
> Thanks for the Xpost to hardware.


YW. Chances are that SeaTools for DOS will be your ticket:

http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.js...00dd04090aRCRD


 
Reply With Quote
 
antioch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      27th May 2010


"Daave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#1hQvAa$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Antioch wrote:
>> "Daave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OnzdUIU$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> (cross-posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
>>>
>>> antioch wrote:
>>>> Win XP SP3 - currently updated. Win Live Mail, IE8.
>>>> No recently ADDED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE - seems important.
>>>>
>>>> Sorry re the length of this thread - it could have been longer. But
>>>> I have tried to keep it short and with the latest situation -
>>>> For the last 24 hours I have had a series of BSODs - not all the
>>>> same. The 2 today have been Unmountable_Boot_Volume and having got
>>>> through that, more recently the Kernel_Stack_Inpage errors.

>>
>> CLIPPED
>>
>>>> Reading other posts/threads/forums etc I have a feeling that the HD
>>>> may have a problem, seeing that I have had a variety of BSODs in the
>>>> last 24 hours. So I am collating the best advice for a clean
>>>> install.
>>>
>>> I'm sure you need to replace the hard drive.
>>>
>>> You can verify this by running the appropriate utility depending on
>>> the make and model of the drive. You would need a working PC to
>>> build a bootable floppy or CD.
>>>

>> Hi Daave
>> I also think the HDD is gone
>> I am waiting a reply from the Maxtor forum for advice on that - could
>> not find anything on the Seagate/Maxtor site - well nothing that
>> indicated what I needed/could use for a scan etc.
>> I have the Windows XP CD+SP3+all updates on disc since SP3+backup
>> which I keep updated as and when the computer is running.
>>
>> Thanks for the Xpost to hardware.

>
> YW. Chances are that SeaTools for DOS will be your ticket:
>
> http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.js...00dd04090aRCRD
>

I will see what they offer when I get reply - thanks for the link.

Rgds
Antioch

 
Reply With Quote
 
antioch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      29th May 2010
"Daave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#1hQvAa$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Antioch wrote:
>> "Daave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OnzdUIU$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> (cross-posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
>>>
>>> antioch wrote:
>>>> Win XP SP3 - currently updated. Win Live Mail, IE8.
>>>> No recently ADDED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE - seems important.
>>>>
>>>> Sorry re the length of this thread - it could have been longer. But
>>>> I have tried to keep it short and with the latest situation -
>>>> For the last 24 hours I have had a series of BSODs - not all the
>>>> same. The 2 today have been Unmountable_Boot_Volume and having got
>>>> through that, more recently the Kernel_Stack_Inpage errors.

>>
>> CLIPPED
>>
>>>> Reading other posts/threads/forums etc I have a feeling that the HD
>>>> may have a problem, seeing that I have had a variety of BSODs in the
>>>> last 24 hours. So I am collating the best advice for a clean
>>>> install.
>>>
>>> I'm sure you need to replace the hard drive.
>>>
>>> You can verify this by running the appropriate utility depending on
>>> the make and model of the drive. You would need a working PC to
>>> build a bootable floppy or CD.
>>>

>> Hi Daave
>> I also think the HDD is gone
>> I am waiting a reply from the Maxtor forum for advice on that - could
>> not find anything on the Seagate/Maxtor site - well nothing that
>> indicated what I needed/could use for a scan etc.
>> I have the Windows XP CD+SP3+all updates on disc since SP3+backup
>> which I keep updated as and when the computer is running.
>>
>> Thanks for the Xpost to hardware.

>
> YW. Chances are that SeaTools for DOS will be your ticket:
>
> http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.js...00dd04090aRCRD
>

Hi Daave
I have at last been able to run the diag for Windows and the DOS one - both
'passed' all checks/scans - no repair work done.
I have also managed to get the computer up and running after - that was
yesterday and reboot after reboot was OK. But today, the wretched thing
will not reboot - in fact I cannot even boot with the XP disc loaded and
during the Rec. Console performance, I can no longer perform a CHKDSK - KEEP
GETTING 'PATH FILE NOT RECOGNISED/VALID' - in fact, nothing entered into the
command line works where it has done before.
So am no nearer finding out if the HDD is the problem or it is something
else. For the moment I am not in mind to do a complete reinstall of
Windows - if the HDD is the problem, then I am still stuck where I am now.
I still have had no reply from my post in the Maxtor/Seagate forums.

I have also been trying to find what is meant by 'A devise enclosed in
parenthesis[brackets] has been disabled in the corresponding type menu',
which appears in the Bios Setup Utility boot devise priority. I have read
at least 30 Google links and nowhere does it explain what it means - it does
appear though that this info is particular to ASUS MBs. But I can find no
way to get rid of the brackets. Perhaps this is why I can no longer boot
up.

I have two columns -

1st Boot Device [PM-ATPI iHAP322 9]
2nd Boot Device [1st Floppy Drive]
3rd Boot Device [3M-Maxtor 6L160MO]


Thanks for the link - it directed me to both pieces of diag software.

Antioch



 
Reply With Quote
 
Daave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      29th May 2010
antioch wrote:
> "Daave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#1hQvAa$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Antioch wrote:
>>> "Daave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:OnzdUIU$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>> (cross-posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
>>>>
>>>> antioch wrote:
>>>>> Win XP SP3 - currently updated. Win Live Mail, IE8.
>>>>> No recently ADDED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE - seems important.
>>>>>
>>>>> Sorry re the length of this thread - it could have been longer.
>>>>> But I have tried to keep it short and with the latest situation -
>>>>> For the last 24 hours I have had a series of BSODs - not all the
>>>>> same. The 2 today have been Unmountable_Boot_Volume and having got
>>>>> through that, more recently the Kernel_Stack_Inpage errors.
>>>
>>> CLIPPED
>>>
>>>>> Reading other posts/threads/forums etc I have a feeling that the
>>>>> HD may have a problem, seeing that I have had a variety of BSODs
>>>>> in the last 24 hours. So I am collating the best advice for a
>>>>> clean install.
>>>>
>>>> I'm sure you need to replace the hard drive.
>>>>
>>>> You can verify this by running the appropriate utility depending on
>>>> the make and model of the drive. You would need a working PC to
>>>> build a bootable floppy or CD.
>>>>
>>> Hi Daave
>>> I also think the HDD is gone
>>> I am waiting a reply from the Maxtor forum for advice on that -
>>> could not find anything on the Seagate/Maxtor site - well nothing
>>> that indicated what I needed/could use for a scan etc.
>>> I have the Windows XP CD+SP3+all updates on disc since SP3+backup
>>> which I keep updated as and when the computer is running.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the Xpost to hardware.

>>
>> YW. Chances are that SeaTools for DOS will be your ticket:
>>
>> http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.js...00dd04090aRCRD
>>

> Hi Daave
> I have at last been able to run the diag for Windows and the DOS one
> - both 'passed' all checks/scans - no repair work done.
> I have also managed to get the computer up and running after - that
> was yesterday and reboot after reboot was OK. But today, the
> wretched thing will not reboot - in fact I cannot even boot with the
> XP disc loaded and during the Rec. Console performance, I can no
> longer perform a CHKDSK - KEEP GETTING 'PATH FILE NOT
> RECOGNISED/VALID' - in fact, nothing entered into the command line
> works where it has done before. So am no nearer finding out if the HDD
> is the problem or it is
> something else. For the moment I am not in mind to do a complete
> reinstall of Windows - if the HDD is the problem, then I am still
> stuck where I am now. I still have had no reply from my post in the
> Maxtor/Seagate forums.
> I have also been trying to find what is meant by 'A devise enclosed in
> parenthesis[brackets] has been disabled in the corresponding type
> menu', which appears in the Bios Setup Utility boot devise priority. I
> have read at least 30 Google links and nowhere does it explain what
> it means - it does appear though that this info is particular to ASUS
> MBs. But I can find no way to get rid of the brackets. Perhaps this
> is why I can no longer boot up.
>
> I have two columns -
>
> 1st Boot Device [PM-ATPI iHAP322 9]
> 2nd Boot Device [1st Floppy Drive]
> 3rd Boot Device [3M-Maxtor 6L160MO]
>
>
> Thanks for the link - it directed me to both pieces of diag software.


[Please start with my last paragraph!]

Assuming your disk is healthy (and that is a safe assumption if running
SeaTools on the bootable floppy you made gave it a clean bill of
health), you may very well need to do what Jose advised. Don't feel that
you wasted your time. Best practice dictates that you check the health
of your drive first. You now have the knowledge it is healthy. Of
course, if nothing works, then you will need to perform a Clean Install.
Hopefully, either chkdsk or a repair install will work. You could also
perform what is popularly known as a manual system restore (going back
to the time before you experienced these BSODs):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

When you do the above or the chkdsk and require the Recovery Console, it
is imperative you configure your BIOS to boot off the CD rather than the
usual hard drive. I see in one of your replies to Jose that you were
having problems with the Recovery Console. Is it possible you has
installed it on your hard drive and were using *that* version of it? Is
it possible you didn't boot off the CD? If you have a genuine Windows XP
installation CD, it comes with RC. If there is something wrong with the
CD, you can certainly make your own bootable RC disk (Jose told you
about that already).

I suspect you are doing it incorrectly. There are two ways to perform
chkdsk: One way is using the function from your XP installation
currently on your hard drive. The other way is to us RC from the correct
bootable CD (and making sure you are indeed booting off the CD!). You
said you tried the command Jose gave you (chkdsk C: /R) and it didn't
work. This indicates you did not boot off the RC CD. Keep in mind that
if your present installation CD doesn't work, the bootable RC CD you can
create should work.

Speaking of...

In your one post, you stated:

"I have an OEM WIN XP DISC."

What does that mean? What is the make and model of this PC? Please
describe this CD *in detail*!

I just re-read your post. The BIOS setup message is disturbing to say
the least! Check all your connections; perhaps something came loose.
Since this has been cross-posted to the hardware newsgroup, perhaps
someone else can chime in with useful information. Otherwise, post to an
ASUS motherboard Web forum. A Clean Install won't help if you have
motherboard issues! Maybe all you did was inadvertantly temporarily
disable one of your bootable devices.


 
Reply With Quote
 
antioch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      29th May 2010

Hi Daave
Many thanks - I will read your reply with care and come back to you.

Antioch

"Daave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:esQzRf0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> antioch wrote:
>> "Daave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:#1hQvAa$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Antioch wrote:
>>>> "Daave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>> news:OnzdUIU$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>> (cross-posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
>>>>>
>>>>> antioch wrote:
>>>>>> Win XP SP3 - currently updated. Win Live Mail, IE8.
>>>>>> No recently ADDED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE - seems important.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Sorry re the length of this thread - it could have been longer. But I
>>>>>> have tried to keep it short and with the latest situation -
>>>>>> For the last 24 hours I have had a series of BSODs - not all the
>>>>>> same. The 2 today have been Unmountable_Boot_Volume and having got
>>>>>> through that, more recently the Kernel_Stack_Inpage errors.
>>>>
>>>> CLIPPED
>>>>
>>>>>> Reading other posts/threads/forums etc I have a feeling that the
>>>>>> HD may have a problem, seeing that I have had a variety of BSODs
>>>>>> in the last 24 hours. So I am collating the best advice for a
>>>>>> clean install.
>>>>>
>>>>> I'm sure you need to replace the hard drive.
>>>>>
>>>>> You can verify this by running the appropriate utility depending on
>>>>> the make and model of the drive. You would need a working PC to
>>>>> build a bootable floppy or CD.
>>>>>
>>>> Hi Daave
>>>> I also think the HDD is gone
>>>> I am waiting a reply from the Maxtor forum for advice on that -
>>>> could not find anything on the Seagate/Maxtor site - well nothing
>>>> that indicated what I needed/could use for a scan etc.
>>>> I have the Windows XP CD+SP3+all updates on disc since SP3+backup
>>>> which I keep updated as and when the computer is running.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for the Xpost to hardware.
>>>
>>> YW. Chances are that SeaTools for DOS will be your ticket:
>>>
>>> http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.js...00dd04090aRCRD
>>>

>> Hi Daave
>> I have at last been able to run the diag for Windows and the DOS one
>> - both 'passed' all checks/scans - no repair work done.
>> I have also managed to get the computer up and running after - that
>> was yesterday and reboot after reboot was OK. But today, the
>> wretched thing will not reboot - in fact I cannot even boot with the
>> XP disc loaded and during the Rec. Console performance, I can no
>> longer perform a CHKDSK - KEEP GETTING 'PATH FILE NOT
>> RECOGNISED/VALID' - in fact, nothing entered into the command line
>> works where it has done before. So am no nearer finding out if the HDD is
>> the problem or it is
>> something else. For the moment I am not in mind to do a complete
>> reinstall of Windows - if the HDD is the problem, then I am still
>> stuck where I am now. I still have had no reply from my post in the
>> Maxtor/Seagate forums.
>> I have also been trying to find what is meant by 'A devise enclosed in
>> parenthesis[brackets] has been disabled in the corresponding type
>> menu', which appears in the Bios Setup Utility boot devise priority. I
>> have read at least 30 Google links and nowhere does it explain what
>> it means - it does appear though that this info is particular to ASUS
>> MBs. But I can find no way to get rid of the brackets. Perhaps this
>> is why I can no longer boot up.
>>
>> I have two columns -
>>
>> 1st Boot Device [PM-ATPI iHAP322 9]
>> 2nd Boot Device [1st Floppy Drive]
>> 3rd Boot Device [3M-Maxtor 6L160MO]
>>
>>
>> Thanks for the link - it directed me to both pieces of diag software.

>
> [Please start with my last paragraph!]
>
> Assuming your disk is healthy (and that is a safe assumption if running
> SeaTools on the bootable floppy you made gave it a clean bill of health),
> you may very well need to do what Jose advised. Don't feel that you wasted
> your time. Best practice dictates that you check the health of your drive
> first. You now have the knowledge it is healthy. Of course, if nothing
> works, then you will need to perform a Clean Install. Hopefully, either
> chkdsk or a repair install will work. You could also perform what is
> popularly known as a manual system restore (going back to the time before
> you experienced these BSODs):
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545
>
> When you do the above or the chkdsk and require the Recovery Console, it
> is imperative you configure your BIOS to boot off the CD rather than the
> usual hard drive. I see in one of your replies to Jose that you were
> having problems with the Recovery Console. Is it possible you has
> installed it on your hard drive and were using *that* version of it? Is it
> possible you didn't boot off the CD? If you have a genuine Windows XP
> installation CD, it comes with RC. If there is something wrong with the
> CD, you can certainly make your own bootable RC disk (Jose told you about
> that already).
>
> I suspect you are doing it incorrectly. There are two ways to perform
> chkdsk: One way is using the function from your XP installation currently
> on your hard drive. The other way is to us RC from the correct bootable CD
> (and making sure you are indeed booting off the CD!). You said you tried
> the command Jose gave you (chkdsk C: /R) and it didn't work. This
> indicates you did not boot off the RC CD. Keep in mind that if your
> present installation CD doesn't work, the bootable RC CD you can create
> should work.
>
> Speaking of...
>
> In your one post, you stated:
>
> "I have an OEM WIN XP DISC."
>
> What does that mean? What is the make and model of this PC? Please
> describe this CD *in detail*!
>
> I just re-read your post. The BIOS setup message is disturbing to say the
> least! Check all your connections; perhaps something came loose. Since
> this has been cross-posted to the hardware newsgroup, perhaps someone else
> can chime in with useful information. Otherwise, post to an ASUS
> motherboard Web forum. A Clean Install won't help if you have motherboard
> issues! Maybe all you did was inadvertantly temporarily disable one of
> your bootable devices.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
antioch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      29th May 2010


"antioch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eswHZt0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Daave
> Many thanks - I will read your reply with care and come back to you.
>
> Antioch
>

I forgot to add that I have a genuine Microsoft Windows XP SP2 disc. with
key code.
It is not a bootable OEM from the computer builder.
I have been able to get into R.C. and have performed recovery.

At startup I have an immediate choice after tapping F8 to boot from CD -
this has been working OK hence my ability to do chkdsk - but alas not at the
moment.

Antioch

 
Reply With Quote
 
Daave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      29th May 2010

antioch wrote:
> "antioch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eswHZt0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi Daave
>> Many thanks - I will read your reply with care and come back to you.
>>
>> Antioch
>>

> I forgot to add that I have a genuine Microsoft Windows XP SP2 disc.
> with key code.
> It is not a bootable OEM from the computer builder.
> I have been able to get into R.C. and have performed recovery.
>
> At startup I have an immediate choice after tapping F8 to boot from
> CD - this has been working OK hence my ability to do chkdsk - but
> alas not at the moment.


Are you sure you don't mean F1 or F2? Or Esc? Or Del? Those are the keys
most commonly used to enter Setup (to configure your BIOS to boot from
the CD). More info:

http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

F8 is used to enter the Windows menu for options such as Safe Mode and
Last Known Good Configuration.

Certain PCs allow you to choose a boot device without needing to enter
Setup. For instance, many Dells allow you to press F12 to get such a
menu.


 
Reply With Quote
 
antioch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      29th May 2010


"antioch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OUgOG90$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "antioch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eswHZt0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi Daave
>> Many thanks - I will read your reply with care and come back to you.
>>
>> Antioch
>>

> I forgot to add that I have a genuine Microsoft Windows XP SP2 disc. with
> key code.
> It is not a bootable OEM from the computer builder.
> I have been able to get into R.C. and have performed recovery.
>
> At startup I have an immediate choice after tapping F8 to boot from CD -
> this has been working OK hence my ability to do chkdsk - but alas not at
> the moment.
>
> Antioch


Another quick update - I did that old trick - unplug - left it off for 30
mins - came back - switched on and Windows has fired up in double quick
time.
But I know from previously, if I switch off[not unplug] it will not start.
So while I have it running I will look through event viewer etc and see if a
chkdsk works.
I forgot to add the XP disc, it is not the retail type i.e. it is tied to my
current computer which I had built to my specs 5 years ago. The difference
between OEM and Retail genuine XP disc has been a regular topic in this
newsgroup - the main difference being with an OEM I cannot install it on
another computer - well not legally - but it is possible :-)
So for the moment, I am going back to re-read the post from Jose and follow
the instructions there.
I see you have not yet taken that leap of faith to Windows Live Mail and
still on the OE6.
I am using WLM - I miss OE 6 but now I am used to WLM I will not be going
back.
It is a big improvement to WM.

Antioch

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new list box made same as my others will not save data as others d Keith Microsoft Access Getting Started 1 15th Apr 2009 01:10 AM
If "None" then no others, If others then no "None" jlute@marzetti.com Microsoft Access Form Coding 11 3rd Oct 2008 10:47 PM
DSL For VS 2005 and Others and Others Juan Kautho Microsoft Dot NET Framework 0 30th Nov 2004 05:12 AM
XP Sees 2 Others; Others Don't See XP John Gregory Windows XP Networking 5 14th Jun 2004 08:00 PM
Video (for Ian... others welcome!) Andrew General Discussion 0 20th Jan 2003 08:28 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:06 PM.