Re: Beagle Virus problems/email

gls858

      13th Jan 2005
Sue wrote:
> Going to paste what I sent to comcast and nortons.
> Please help!!!!
>
> Thanks
>
> If this isn't the forum to post this, please direct me to the right one
>

> I have done all the scans as she has and we come up clean. Please
> investigate this and tell us what we can do to stop these email viruses.
>
> the attachments are what she cut/pasted from the message source, headers,
> etc.
>
> The following is the IP address she found This is not MY IP
>
> THE IP: 4.34.163.30
> BELOW IS THE TRACER.....
> chcgil2-ar7-4-34-163-030.chcgil2.dsl-verizon.net
>

> Bottom line, she is getting emails with the virus that I am not sending.

Someone with your e-amail address is infected. The virus pulls names
from the address book of the infected machine and puts it in the from
line. This makes it look like it coming from you and increases the
chance of it being opened and infecting the recieving machine.
About the only thing you can do is ignore them or contact everyone
you know and tell them they might be infected.

gls858