Re: Advice on Buying a new Computer

John Smith

      22nd Jun 2003
As stupid as it sounds but a game coming out in November or later might need
a video card which does not even exist today!

That happened a few times with various versions of Quake. I remember
ordering one version along with a mate and we both had to order the latest
3DFX card with Open GL at the same time.

If the game is the reason you are upgrading I would wait until it comes out
personally. You may find many current cards do not work with it.

J.

"The Berzerker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bd411e$qm6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ah, that's a pretty good point. I guess I should wait then...
>
> You'll hear from me at christmas!
>
> --
>

> The Berzerker
> By Nature's Hand, By Crafts, By Art, What Once Was One, Now Fly Apart!
> "Stacey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bd30em$o0th0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The Berzerker wrote:
> >
> > > Hello. I've recently been pushed to buy a new system by the prospect

of
> > > Half-life 2. I'm wondering if you guys can help me out...
> > >
> > > Do you guys have any recommendations as to which on-line stores to buy
> > > from? I'm looking for pretty fast components for the cheapest prices
> > > around.
> > >

> > Wait. Since these games are 6 months away, much will change between now

> and
> > then and what is "bleeding edge" now will be "discount" parts then.
> > Especially AMD chips as their prices drop like a rock about 3 months

after