Re: A7V333 and USB2 help needed - USB Info.gif (0/1)

paul

      23rd Jun 2003

"Ilan G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I can only get my USB 1.1 ports to function everything works when

connected to them,
> BUT nothing works when connected to the USB2.0 ports.
>
> I have Windows XP professional with all the latest updates/patches
>
> The jumper is enabled for USB2.0 devices [USB 2.0 Compliant Device Enable]
> The motherboard comes with six USB sockets
> of which 4 are in the main cluster of I/O connections [2 x 1.1's and 2 x

2.0's]
> and then separately 2 USB sockets that can either be 1.1 or 2.0
> mine only work when plugged into the 1.1 Header
>
> attached is a GIF from my device manager, I think it is showing all the

right things for
> USB 2.0 to work correctly.
>
> How would I detect to see if it is a hardware fault?
> I have 4 USB devices:
> Lexmark Z13 inkjet printer, MS-optical mouse, D-Link ADSL modem and an

Acer scanner
> Do devices connecting to USB2.0 have to be USB2.0 compliant?
>
> My motherboard is a A7V333 Rev 1.01 purchased around June 2002.
> BIOS Revsion 1015
>
> tia for any help,
>

> Ilan.
> email : (E-Mail Removed)
> "Real individualism is the obligation to act as a citizen",
> John Ralston Saul, The Unconscious Civilization
> http://www.abc.net.au/specials/saul/fulltext.htm

i have a problem also with my additiona 2 usb ports, all patchs and updates
are installed. however when a usb device is plugged into the extra 2 ports
the PC will tend to lock up. can anyone point me in the direction to recify
this problem.

New Member

      6th Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
"Ilan G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I can only get my USB 1.1 ports to function everything works when
connected to them,
> BUT nothing works when connected to the USB2.0 ports.
>
> I have Windows XP professional with all the latest updates/patches
>
> The jumper is enabled for USB2.0 devices [USB 2.0 Compliant Device Enable]
> The motherboard comes with six USB sockets
> of which 4 are in the main cluster of I/O connections [2 x 1.1's and 2 x
2.0's]
> and then separately 2 USB sockets that can either be 1.1 or 2.0
> mine only work when plugged into the 1.1 Header
>
> attached is a GIF from my device manager, I think it is showing all the
right things for
> USB 2.0 to work correctly.
>
> How would I detect to see if it is a hardware fault?
> I have 4 USB devices:
> Lexmark Z13 inkjet printer, MS-optical mouse, D-Link ADSL modem and an
Acer scanner
> Do devices connecting to USB2.0 have to be USB2.0 compliant?
>
> My motherboard is a A7V333 Rev 1.01 purchased around June 2002.
> BIOS Revsion 1015
>
> tia for any help,
>

> Ilan.
> email : http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)!.pacific.net.au
> "Real individualism is the obligation to act as a citizen",
> John Ralston Saul, The Unconscious Civilization
> http://www.abc.net.au/specials/saul/fulltext.htm

i have a problem also with my additiona 2 usb ports, all patchs and updates
are installed. however when a usb device is plugged into the extra 2 ports
the PC will tend to lock up. can anyone point me in the direction to recify
this problem.
If you go to the Asus support/download page. Enter you A7V333 as your model you will see a download under 'others'. It is a microsoft patch that solely addresses your problem. Run this and your troubles will be over.
TRY THIS LINK:
http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...7V333&p=1&s=10