RDC from Domain

Steve

      11th Jul 2003
Hi

I have a situation where I am on a XPPRO client on a domain, working through
a SBS2k Server with ADSL link.
I can use RDC to connect to a TS on a 2k Server after establishing a VPN
with no problems

I can not however attach to a stand alone XPPRO box after establishing a
VPN. When I run RDC, RDC only wants to look through the lan connection then
times out.

How do I tell RDC to look via the VPN?

Do I need to create the VPN on the Server?

Any ideas

Regard Steve

Jeffrey Randow (MVP)

      11th Jul 2003
Is the XPPro box on the same subnet as the Terminal Server machine?
It sounds like you don't have routing setup right with your VPN...

You don't need to create the VPN on the server...

Jeffrey Randow (Windows MVP - Networking & Smart Display)
(E-Mail Removed)

Remote Networking Technology Wiki -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Smart Display Support - http://www.smartdisplays.us