RAR extractor with 'keep broken files' option?

Onno

      13th Nov 2003
At the moment I extract incomplete RAR archives with the freeware command
line tool from Rarsoft, but that is quite a hassle.

Does a Windows freeware exist to do this?

--
Onno

WebWalker

      14th Nov 2003
On 13 Nov 2003 19:56:35 GMT, Onno <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>At the moment I extract incomplete RAR archives with the freeware command
>line tool from Rarsoft, but that is quite a hassle.
>
>Does a Windows freeware exist to do this?

Try IZArc
http://izsoft.cjb.net/
It can extract RAR file.

--
WebWalker
(E-Mail Removed)

WebWalker

      14th Nov 2003
The correct link is http://www.izsoft.dir.bg/

--
WebWalker
(E-Mail Removed)

Onno

      15th Nov 2003
WebWalker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Try IZArc
> http://izsoft.cjb.net/
> It can extract RAR file.

Can you confirm that IZarc has the 'keep broken files' option?

--
Onno

WebWalker

      16th Nov 2003
On 15 Nov 2003 10:23:15 GMT, Onno <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can you confirm that IZarc has the 'keep broken files' option?

What are "broken files" ?

--
WebWalker
(E-Mail Removed)

Onno

      16th Nov 2003
WebWalker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> What are "broken files" ?

Files in a RAR archive that are incomplete because not all RAR parts are
available.

--
Onno

WebWalker

      17th Nov 2003
On 16 Nov 2003 16:08:03 GMT, Onno <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>WebWalker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> What are "broken files" ?

>Files in a RAR archive that are incomplete because not all RAR parts are
>available.

Shouldn't you download the same file(s) again from the Internet or
source?
You can repair a damaged compress file but you cannot repair a
incomplete compress file.

--
WebWalker
(E-Mail Removed)

Onno

      17th Nov 2003
WebWalker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On 16 Nov 2003 16:08:03 GMT, Onno <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>WebWalker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> What are "broken files" ?

>>Files in a RAR archive that are incomplete because not all RAR parts
>>are available.

> Shouldn't you download the same file(s) again from the Internet or
> source?

Perhaps I didn't use the right words. Rar archives often consist of
different volumes (maybe that's the word I should have used instead of
parts), part01.rar, part02.rar etc.

Say you have the first 2 volumes of an archive that consists of 10.
With Winrar it is possible to extract the available data in the 2
volumes. This is very useful with multimedia files, it gives the chance
to preview the file before you download the remaing volumes.

--
Onno

WebWalker

      18th Nov 2003
On 17 Nov 2003 17:22:45 GMT, Onno <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Files in a RAR archive that are incomplete because not all RAR parts
>>>are available.

>> Shouldn't you download the same file(s) again from the Internet or
>> source?

>Perhaps I didn't use the right words. Rar archives often consist of
>different volumes (maybe that's the word I should have used instead of
>parts), part01.rar, part02.rar etc.
>
>Say you have the first 2 volumes of an archive that consists of 10.
>With Winrar it is possible to extract the available data in the 2
>volumes. This is very useful with multimedia files, it gives the chance
>to preview the file before you download the remaing volumes.

IZArc cannot do that but 7-Zip can.
Get 7-Zip from http://www.7-zip.org/.

--
WebWalker