Random Lookup in a Report

=?Utf-8?B?VEFXaXNl?=

      18th Oct 2006
My database contains approximately 700 questions divided into several
category-type tables and reports. There are 80 respondents to the 700
questions and these, too, are incorporated into the reports. The management
team that will be using this database would like to be able to search for a
"random" word or phrase in the database and have the matching
questions/responses compiled into a report. How can I set up a report that
will populate based on whatever word or phrase that they may choose? Thanx.

kingston via AccessMonster.com

      18th Oct 2006
Base the report on a parameter query that searches the data for the random
word or phrase:

[Field] Like "*" & [Search criteria] & "*"

TAWise wrote:
>My database contains approximately 700 questions divided into several
>category-type tables and reports. There are 80 respondents to the 700
>questions and these, too, are incorporated into the reports. The management
>team that will be using this database would like to be able to search for a
>"random" word or phrase in the database and have the matching
>questions/responses compiled into a report. How can I set up a report that
>will populate based on whatever word or phrase that they may choose? Thanx.

=?Utf-8?B?VEFXaXNl?=

      18th Oct 2006
I have resolved this issue with a wildcard parameter query. Thank you

"TAWise" wrote:

> My database contains approximately 700 questions divided into several
> category-type tables and reports. There are 80 respondents to the 700
> questions and these, too, are incorporated into the reports. The management
> team that will be using this database would like to be able to search for a
> "random" word or phrase in the database and have the matching
> questions/responses compiled into a report. How can I set up a report that
> will populate based on whatever word or phrase that they may choose? Thanx.

=?Utf-8?B?VEFXaXNl?=

      18th Oct 2006
Thank you Kingston. Worked wonderfully.