RANDBETWEEN, No duplicates, Static

Bob G

      21st May 2004
Goals: 1. To create a six column table (for lottery
numbers, 1-54) with each "row" containing a unique number
(no duplicate numbers in the row). 2. To keep the
table "cells" static (i.e., no automatic recalculation of
the random numbers) after it is created (unless I
intentionally want to generate a new set of numbers).

Results so far: For each "cell" the formula =RANDBETWEEN
(BOTTOM,TOP) works as expected but goals 1 and 2 have not
been achieved.

Possible solutions?

Frank Kabel

      21st May 2004
Hi
see:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/random.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Bob G" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:102b701c43f33$ea108650$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Goals: 1. To create a six column table (for lottery
> numbers, 1-54) with each "row" containing a unique number
> (no duplicate numbers in the row). 2. To keep the
> table "cells" static (i.e., no automatic recalculation of
> the random numbers) after it is created (unless I
> intentionally want to generate a new set of numbers).
>
> Results so far: For each "cell" the formula =RANDBETWEEN
> (BOTTOM,TOP) works as expected but goals 1 and 2 have not
> been achieved.
>
> Possible solutions?

Bob G

      21st May 2004
Thanks, I viewed the MVP site as suggested but how do we
convert the random numbers to constants as mentioned in
the solution?

Frank Kabel

      21st May 2004
Hi
but this is outlines in this page. It stores the unique random numbers
in an array and puts them on a sheet?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

news:103df01c43f3b$f850ed10$(E-Mail Removed)...