A quick question that someone must know, I just can't find it.

pcGnome

      29th May 2010
SFC /SCANNOW

For Win2k

When it tells you to put in the CD, what does it check for to make
sure it's the correct CD? Does it look for cdromsp4.tst or what?

A related issue - what are the different possibilities for say, OEM,
upgrade & retail (and any other) versions?

Surely, someone must know these things - I just can't seem to get past
all the newbie help for this subject to get to these particulars.

Thank you,

pcGnome

fpefpe

      7th Jul 2012
On Friday, May 28, 2010 10:08:53 PM UTC-4, pcGnome wrote:
> SFC /SCANNOW
>
> For Win2k
>
> When it tells you to put in the CD, what does it check for to make
> sure it's the correct CD? Does it look for cdromsp4.tst or what?
>
> A related issue - what are the different possibilities for say, OEM,
> upgrade & retail (and any other) versions?
>
> Surely, someone must know these things - I just can't seem to get past
> all the newbie help for this subject to get to these particulars.
>
> Thank you,
>
> pcGnome

Hello -- did you get an answer about update? It seems I can't get access to it now -- not sure if MS pulled the plug on the update page