F.W.L. Janssen

      5th Jun 2004
Does anybody here know where i can get the XPSP2 RC2?
I tryd to get on the beta-testerslist but i think they have a memberstop or
something

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

      5th Jun 2004
"F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anybody here know where i can get the XPSP2 RC2?
> I tryd to get on the beta-testerslist but i think they have a memberstop
> or
> something

RC2 of SP2 is not available yet as it is not yet finished.
You can access RC1 for the time being at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...p2preview.mspx

--
Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anybody here know where i can get the XPSP2 RC2?
> I tryd to get on the beta-testerslist but i think they have a memberstop
> or
> something

F.W.L. Janssen

      6th Jun 2004
The XPSP RC2 2142 are now available to beta testers that why i'm asking this
maybe someone knows where i can get it

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does anybody here know where i can get the XPSP2 RC2?
> > I tryd to get on the beta-testerslist but i think they have a memberstop
> > or
> > something

> RC2 of SP2 is not available yet as it is not yet finished.
> You can access RC1 for the time being at
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...p2preview.mspx
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> rights

> newsgroups
>
> "F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does anybody here know where i can get the XPSP2 RC2?
> > I tryd to get on the beta-testerslist but i think they have a memberstop
> > or
> > something

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

      6th Jun 2004
"F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The XPSP RC2 2142 are now available to beta testers that why i'm asking
> this
> maybe someone knows where i can get it

Exactly - as you say it is "available to Beta testers".
It is not publicly available.
(Note this is also not the RC2 release - just another interim build)

--
Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The XPSP RC2 2142 are now available to beta testers that why i'm asking
> this
> maybe someone knows where i can get it
>

> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Does anybody here know where i can get the XPSP2 RC2?
>> > I tryd to get on the beta-testerslist but i think they have a
>> > memberstop
>> > or
>> > something

>> RC2 of SP2 is not available yet as it is not yet finished.
>> You can access RC1 for the time being at
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...p2preview.mspx
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mike
>> --
>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

>> rights
>>
>> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
>> newsgroups
>>
>> "F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Does anybody here know where i can get the XPSP2 RC2?
>> > I tryd to get on the beta-testerslist but i think they have a
>> > memberstop
>> > or
>> > something

F.W.L. Janssen

      7th Jun 2004
Yes it is got the SP2 RC2 v2142 now thnx to a forum i'm on
Always handy to have connections rofl
"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The XPSP RC2 2142 are now available to beta testers that why i'm asking
> > this
> > maybe someone knows where i can get it
> >

> Exactly - as you say it is "available to Beta testers".
> It is not publicly available.
> (Note this is also not the RC2 release - just another interim build)
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> rights

> newsgroups
>
> "F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The XPSP RC2 2142 are now available to beta testers that why i'm asking
> > this
> > maybe someone knows where i can get it
> >

> > "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> "F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>

> >> RC2 of SP2 is not available yet as it is not yet finished.
> >> You can access RC1 for the time being at
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...p2preview.mspx
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Mike
> >> --
> >> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> >> rights
> >>
> >> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
> >> newsgroups
> >>
> >> "F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

      7th Jun 2004
"F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes it is got the SP2 RC2 v2142 now thnx to a forum i'm on
> Always handy to have connections rofl

Getting a copy from someone on a forum does not make it a public release. We
(Microsoft) have not released that build to the general public.
As regards your "connections" - I suggest you turn to them for support with
your illegitimately acquired software.
And really hope what they gave you is genuine.

There is no public support for a non public released build.
--
Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes it is got the SP2 RC2 v2142 now thnx to a forum i'm on
> Always handy to have connections rofl
> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > The XPSP RC2 2142 are now available to beta testers that why i'm asking
>> > this
>> > maybe someone knows where i can get it
>> >

>> Exactly - as you say it is "available to Beta testers".
>> It is not publicly available.
>> (Note this is also not the RC2 release - just another interim build)
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mike
>> --
>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

>> rights
>>
>> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
>> newsgroups
>>
>> "F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > The XPSP RC2 2142 are now available to beta testers that why i'm asking
>> > this
>> > maybe someone knows where i can get it
>> >

>> > "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> > message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

F.W.L. Janssen

      8th Jun 2004
I never ask for the public release just the latest release

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yes it is got the SP2 RC2 v2142 now thnx to a forum i'm on
>> Always handy to have connections rofl

> Getting a copy from someone on a forum does not make it a public release.
> We (Microsoft) have not released that build to the general public.
> As regards your "connections" - I suggest you turn to them for support
> with your illegitimately acquired software.
> And really hope what they gave you is genuine.
>
> There is no public support for a non public released build.
> --
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> rights

> newsgroups
>
> "F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yes it is got the SP2 RC2 v2142 now thnx to a forum i'm on
>> Always handy to have connections rofl
>> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> >

>>> Exactly - as you say it is "available to Beta testers".
>>> It is not publicly available.
>>> (Note this is also not the RC2 release - just another interim build)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Mike
>>> --
>>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

>>> rights
>>>
>>> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
>>> newsgroups
>>>
>>> "F.W.L. Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Nate

      8th Jun 2004
LOL!! 2142 isn't RC2 and it isn't even the latest build. (2144 to my
knowledge) and guess what, THAT'S NOT RC2 EITHER!!

By the way MS, props on the Media Center enhancements, I almost rented a
couple of movies from those services. "Cannibal The Musical" streaming for
$1.49? I must have spent an hour watching trailers. All I can say is wow.
You need to sell that as a retail boxed product. Bundle the PVR-250MCE with
it or something like you did with Office and the scroll mouse way back when.