Question about Kaspersky Internet Security 2010

BIGEYE

      3rd Feb 2010
I am considering KIS 2010 to replace my KAV 2009 when the subscription
expires. My qustion is can KIS 2010 stop programs from accessing the
internet without my knowledge (calling home so to speak), if yes, does
KIS do this by default or are there settings to change to prevent
programs calling home.

TIA

David H. Lipman

      3rd Feb 2010
From: "BIGEYE" <(E-Mail Removed)>

| I am considering KIS 2010 to replace my KAV 2009 when the subscription
| expires. My qustion is can KIS 2010 stop programs from accessing the
| internet without my knowledge (calling home so to speak), if yes, does
| KIS do this by default or are there settings to change to prevent
| programs calling home.

| TIA

Please don't Multi-Post.
Please learn to Cross-Post to pertinent, On Topic, news groups instead.

--
Dave

FromTheRafters

      3rd Feb 2010
"BIGEYE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4b68e2ff$0$2484$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am considering KIS 2010 to replace my KAV 2009 when the subscription
>expires. My qustion is can KIS 2010 stop programs from accessing the
>internet without my knowledge (calling home so to speak), if yes, does
>KIS do this by default or are there settings to change to prevent
>programs calling home.

Personal firewall applications with outbound filtering capabilities can
catch *some* such attempts.