Quesion on an autoupdated program

Jorge Cervantes

      15th Mar 2009
Yesterday, there was a windows xp autoupdate.
The updated file name was "Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool".
My question is whether this program runs background or should I occasionally
and manually run this program or not.
Jorge

Shenan Stanley

      15th Mar 2009
Jorge Cervantes wrote:
> Yesterday, there was a windows xp autoupdate.
> The updated file name was "Windows Malicious Software Removal
> Tool". My question is whether this program runs background or should I
> occasionally and manually run this program or not.

It runs when installed.

Unless you are having issues you believe are related to said type of
software (malicious) - there is no need for you to manually run the MSRT.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP