QUERY: coexist win2k & winxp together

Kevin

      29th Nov 2005
QUERY: coexist win2k & winxp together

I want to install Windows 2000 Advanced Server & Windows XP SP2 (steamlined)
onto my 120GB HD.

I know that if I install Win2k first, then WinXP 2nd, then WinXP bootloader
will take over (overtake) Win2k bootloader. If I install WinXP first, then
Win2k, then Win2k bootloader will take over (overtake) WinXP bootloader. Am
I right?

How can one have both Win2k and WinXP coexist on the same PC? Does Windows
automatically create a dual-boot loader menu? Or do I have to resort to
using LILO or GRUB?

Dave Patrick

      10th Dec 2005
Won't be an issue. Install oldest OS first, newest OS last. The ntloader
will work for both OS's

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Kevin" wrote:
| QUERY: coexist win2k & winxp together
|

| I want to install Windows 2000 Advanced Server & Windows XP SP2
(steamlined)
| onto my 120GB HD.
|
| I know that if I install Win2k first, then WinXP 2nd, then WinXP
bootloader
| will take over (overtake) Win2k bootloader. If I install WinXP first, then
| Win2k, then Win2k bootloader will take over (overtake) WinXP bootloader.
Am
| I right?
|
| How can one have both Win2k and WinXP coexist on the same PC? Does Windows
| automatically create a dual-boot loader menu? Or do I have to resort to
| using LILO or GRUB?

RATTLESNAKE

      27th Jan 2006
If you want a good graphical Boot Loader Google search for XOSL (Extended
Operating System Loader) You can decide what os to boot from the interface
and setup partition hiding etc.

To go this route you need to be familiar with partitions.

news:eWwtqwd$(E-Mail Removed)...