published website showing error

sangitaraj

      16th Jun 2006
Hello,

I have created a website in ASP.net 2.0 and published it on the
webserver. The following error message is displayed.

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Utilities'
could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly
reference?)

where utilities.cs is a class file placed in APP_CODE folder in the
same namespace as the website.

The site is running fine on the local server.
The web server is also unable to load the code behind files.
while everything seems to be fine on the local system.

Now i came to know that Framework 1.1 is installed on the web server.
Could this be due to version problem??

i am able to run the pages on the webserver without calling the class.?

Could anybody please suggest me a solution.

thanks,
sangita

Juan T. Llibre

      16th Jun 2006
re:
> where utilities.cs is a class file placed in APP_CODE folder in the
> same namespace as the website.
> Now i came to know that Framework 1.1 is installed on the web server.

The App_Code folder is a special folder which only works in ASP.NET 2.0.

You cannot run a website which requires ASP.NET 2.0
on a server which only has ASP.NET 1.1 installed.

There's two solutions to your problem :

1. install .net framework 2.0 on the server
2. rewrite/recompile your application so it complies with .net framework 1.1

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
news:(E-Mail Removed)...