PST file suddenly asks for password after system change

no_spam_paquette@uwo.ca

      24th Mar 2012
This is not the first time I've experienced this problem, and Outlook
2010 is not the only version of Outlook in which I have seen it. I
recently changed my laptop from Vista x64 Home Edition to Windows 7
x64 Professional—therefore, a complete “fresh” install.

For no apparent reason, when I tried to use my old PST file, it now
asks for a password on the new system. There was no password on the
file in the old system.

I ran scanpst on the file and it found and corrected some errors but
the file still wants a password.

Why does this happen when one moves a PST file to a new system? What
do I do now—I definitely want to keep the file!!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Peter Foldes

      24th Mar 2012
How did you move the old pst files over to your new install. Can you post it in
detail

--
Peter
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Mar 24, 5:27*pm, "Peter Foldes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How did you move the old pst files over to your new install. Can you postit in
> detail
>
> --
> Peter
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is not the first time I've experienced this problem, and Outlook
> 2010 is not the only version of Outlook in which I have seen it. *I
> recently changed my laptop from Vista x64 Home Edition to Windows 7
> x64 Professional—therefore, a complete “fresh” install.
>
> For no apparent reason, when I tried to use my old PST file, it now
> asks for a password on the new system. *There was no password on the
> file in the old system.
>
> I ran scanpst on the file and it found and corrected some errors but
> the file still wants a password.
>
> Why does this happen when one moves a PST file to a new system? *What
> do I do now—I definitely want to keep the file!!!
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!

Thanks for the reply. I believe that in all cases I have simply
copied them from disc images to the new system.