PST file format

=?Utf-8?B?UmljayBF?=

      13th Feb 2007
I need to be able to programmatically write over the information store name
(i.e. Personal Folders, Archive Folders, etc.) written (I believe) inside the
PST file? Does anyone know the byte offset for this info? Its not stored in
ASCII viewable format in the PST file as I've searched for it.

Dmitry Streblechenko

      13th Feb 2007
Do you mean you are trying to rename a PST store?
PST filee format is not documented. On the MAPI level, all you need to do is
modify the PR_DISPLAY_NAME property of the corresponding IMsgStore object.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

"Rick E" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need to be able to programmatically write over the information store name
> (i.e. Personal Folders, Archive Folders, etc.) written (I believe) inside
> the
> PST file? Does anyone know the byte offset for this info? Its not stored
> in
> ASCII viewable format in the PST file as I've searched for it.

=?Utf-8?B?UmljayBF?=

      13th Feb 2007
I guess I'm not up on the exact termonology but its the name that is
displayed in the View/Folder List pane or can be set under the Properties of
the PST, Advanced button.

Can I reference the MAPI libraries without Outlook installed? I ask because
this would be done on a server where we would not want to install Outlook.

"Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:

> Do you mean you are trying to rename a PST store?
> PST filee format is not documented. On the MAPI level, all you need to do is
> modify the PR_DISPLAY_NAME property of the corresponding IMsgStore object.
>
> Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> http://www.dimastr.com/
> OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
> and MAPI Developer Tool
>
> "Rick E" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I need to be able to programmatically write over the information store name
> > (i.e. Personal Folders, Archive Folders, etc.) written (I believe) inside
> > the
> > PST file? Does anyone know the byte offset for this info? Its not stored
> > in
> > ASCII viewable format in the PST file as I've searched for it.

Dan Mitchell

      13th Feb 2007
=?Utf-8?B?UmljayBF?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):
> Can I reference the MAPI libraries without Outlook installed? I ask
> because this would be done on a server where we would not want to
> install Outlook.

Yup:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...f31-079a-43a9-
bff2-0a110307611e&DisplayLang=en

is a standalone install of ExMAPI.

-- dan

Dan Mitchell

      13th Feb 2007
=?Utf-8?B?UmljayBF?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):
> I need to be able to programmatically write over the information store
> name (i.e. Personal Folders, Archive Folders, etc.) written (I
> believe) inside the PST file? Does anyone know the byte offset for
> this info? Its not stored in ASCII viewable format in the PST file as
> I've searched for it.

I've not tried this myself, but it might be what you want:

http://alioth.debian.org/projects/libpst/

-- dan

=?Utf-8?B?UmljayBF?=

      14th Feb 2007
Super, I'll take a look at this. Thanks for the help.