how to prt scr key on the keyboard

Jane

      31st Aug 2003
When I press the print screen key on my keyboard nothing
happends and nothing prints on my printer. I have even
tried ctrl prt scr, and alt prt scr. How do I print the
screen shown on my computer from the internet without
going to the file menu. Any answers please email me at
(E-Mail Removed)
Thank you
Jane

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

      31st Aug 2003
Jane;
Press the "Print Screen" key.
Then go to an application such as Microsoft Paint.
Start/All Programs/Accessories/Paint
Click Edit, click Paste.
From there you can print, save etc.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
An easier way to read newsgroup messages:

"Jane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:004701c36f6e$dc2f29f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I press the print screen key on my keyboard nothing
> happends and nothing prints on my printer. I have even
> tried ctrl prt scr, and alt prt scr. How do I print the
> screen shown on my computer from the internet without
> going to the file menu. Any answers please email me at
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Thank you
> Jane

Bruce Chambers

      31st Aug 2003
Greetings --

Pressing the <PrtScn> key copies the entire display to the
clipboard. Pressing <ALT>+<PrtScn> copies only the active Window to
the clipboard. To view the screen capture, open a graphics program,
such as MS Paint, and press <CTRL>+V. This will paste the contents of
the clipboard (your screenshot) into the open file, and allow you to
view it or save it as a file for later use.

How to Capture Screen Shots in Windows Using the Print Screen Key
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...;en-us;Q173884

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you: