Property Tag (ext. mapi) unique per folder?

Ronald van Aalten

      15th Dec 2003
Hi

Redemption & VB6:
Is the extended mapi property tag unique per folder? I have added a
named property ("vascid") to emails. When I move an email to another
folder I notice that the property tag chances. The GUID the named
property itself remains the same. I cannot find this on Dmitry's site.

Ronald van Aalten

Dmitry Streblechenko

      15th Dec 2003
This is by design - you cannot hardcode the value of a named prop tag - you
must call GetIDsFromNames() first. You cannot assume it will be the same in
different stores.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO