proper case in access

=?Utf-8?B?bWt0Z0B3Zmk=?=

      2nd Nov 2005
Is there a function that will convert my text from ALL CAPS to Proper Case?
I've found some postings with vbProperCase but I don't know vb.

=?Utf-8?B?U2hlaWxhIEQ=?=

      2nd Nov 2005
You can use StrConv - you might want to start by making a backup of your
database! Then create a SELECT query that includes the field that you wish to
update. Convert this query to an UPDATE query – use the Expression Builder in
the Update row of the grid as follows:

Field: MyFieldName
Table: MyTableName
Update To: StrConv([MyFieldName], 3)

Note for Uppercase use 1 and lower case use 2 – this actually changes the
case rather than the format property which only changes how text is displayed.

"mktg@wfi" wrote:

> Is there a function that will convert my text from ALL CAPS to Proper Case?
> I've found some postings with vbProperCase but I don't know vb.

=?Utf-8?B?bWt0Z0B3Zmk=?=

      2nd Nov 2005
Thank you, that worked great. But now I have a follow up. Is there any way
to avoid issues like acronyms going from ABC to Abc? Or ABC LLC going to Abc
Llc?

"Sheila D" wrote:

> You can use StrConv - you might want to start by making a backup of your
> database! Then create a SELECT query that includes the field that you wish to
> update. Convert this query to an UPDATE query – use the Expression Builder in
> the Update row of the grid as follows:
>
> Field: MyFieldName
> Table: MyTableName
> Update To: StrConv([MyFieldName], 3)
>
> Note for Uppercase use 1 and lower case use 2 – this actually changes the
> case rather than the format property which only changes how text is displayed.
>

> "mktg@wfi" wrote:
>
> > Is there a function that will convert my text from ALL CAPS to Proper Case?
> > I've found some postings with vbProperCase but I don't know vb.

=?Utf-8?B?U2hlaWxhIEQ=?=

      3rd Nov 2005
Hmmm - can't think of any unless you know what they are and can use criteria
to exclude those from the update? There may be a way using VB but I'm not a
VB person I'm afraid, Sorry

Sheila

"mktg@wfi" wrote:

> Thank you, that worked great. But now I have a follow up. Is there any way
> to avoid issues like acronyms going from ABC to Abc? Or ABC LLC going to Abc
> Llc?
>
> "Sheila D" wrote:
>
> > You can use StrConv - you might want to start by making a backup of your
> > database! Then create a SELECT query that includes the field that you wish to
> > update. Convert this query to an UPDATE query – use the Expression Builder in
> > the Update row of the grid as follows:
> >
> > Field: MyFieldName
> > Table: MyTableName
> > Update To: StrConv([MyFieldName], 3)
> >
> > Note for Uppercase use 1 and lower case use 2 – this actually changes the
> > case rather than the format property which only changes how text is displayed.
> >

> > "mktg@wfi" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a function that will convert my text from ALL CAPS to Proper Case?
> > > I've found some postings with vbProperCase but I don't know vb.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFya29oYW5h?=

      28th Dec 2005
Thanks for the help. This saved me a lot of time.

Matt