Prompt when not secure data on secure site WHY and how to avoid it?

Gilbert Baron

      10th Jan 2004
When you are on a secure site and it has both secure and not secure
data to display it prompts and asks if you want to see it. WHTA A
PTIA! How do I avoid that. I checked display mixed data but that is
not the answer. I hate having to reply to this every time!

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE

      11th Jan 2004
"Gilbert Baron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> When you are on a secure site and it has both secure and not secure
> data to display it prompts and asks if you want to see it. WHTA A
> PTIA! How do I avoid that. I checked display mixed data but that is
> not the answer. I hate having to reply to this every time!

I don't think it can be turned off.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Gilbert Baron

      11th Jan 2004
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 20:22:03 -0500, "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Gilbert Baron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> When you are on a secure site and it has both secure and not secure
>> data to display it prompts and asks if you want to see it. WHTA A
>> PTIA! How do I avoid that. I checked display mixed data but that is
>> not the answer. I hate having to reply to this every time!

>I don't think it can be turned off.

That is VERY bad news. What a pain in the rear and no security gained
that I can see.
Time to check out other browsers I suppose, but probably won't switch.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE

      11th Jan 2004
"Gilbert Baron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 20:22:03 -0500, "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "Gilbert Baron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>>> When you are on a secure site and it has both secure and not secure
>>> data to display it prompts and asks if you want to see it. WHTA A
>>> PTIA! How do I avoid that. I checked display mixed data but that is
>>> not the answer. I hate having to reply to this every time!

>> I don't think it can be turned off.

> That is VERY bad news. What a pain in the rear and no security gained
> that I can see.
> Time to check out other browsers I suppose, but probably won't switch.

Yes, there's security gained. I will almost never submit private
information on pages that give that warning.