A program is trying to automatically send email

Harmeet Gabha

      5th May 2004
I have been looking for a work around to this annoying
message.

"A program is trying to automatically send email on your
behalf.
Do you want to allow this."

I send out newsletter using a third party program which
has our mailing list, but it uses outlook to send
messages. Is there a way to disable this popup message as
it causing me a lot of grief? I have to wait 5 seconds
between each message before I can click YES. Pain in the
neck when you're sending out 50+ emails.

Thanks in advance
Harmeet
(E-Mail Removed)

Rob

      5th May 2004
I have the same problem after just installing SP3 to
Outlook 2002. The third party program we use for email is
Symantec ACT-Email (ver 6.0.3). Please someone come up
with an answer for us!

(E-Mail Removed)

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      5th May 2004
You may need to get an update for one or more applications that hook into
Outlook. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

news:85e001c43249$66787bf0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have the same problem after just installing SP3 to
> Outlook 2002. The third party program we use for email is
> Symantec ACT-Email (ver 6.0.3). Please someone come up
> with an answer for us!
>
> (E-Mail Removed)

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      5th May 2004
The security dialogs that pop up when an application tries to access certain
Outlook properties and methods are designed to inhibit the spread of viruses
via Outlook; see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec. They
cannot be simply turned on or off with a user option or registry setting.

However, Outlook 2003 does not show security prompts on three specific types
of applications:

-- VBScript code in published, non-oneoff Outlook forms

-- Outlook VBA code that uses the intrinsic Application object

-- Outlook COM add-ins properly constructed to derive all objects from
the Application object passed by the OnConnection event

In earlier versions of Outlook, standalone users can use a free tool called
Express ClickYes (http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) to
click the security dialog buttons automatically. Beware that this means if a
virus tries to send mail using Outlook or gain access to your address book,
it will succeed.

If you're the administrator in an Exchange Server environment, you can
reduce the impact of the security prompts with administrative tools. See
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

news:876401c43242$c1e8db30$(E-Mail Removed)...