Problems with Setup Project

Luigi Z

      9th Feb 2009
Hi all,
in my .NET C# 2.0 solution, I have several Class Library projects and one
Windows Forms project.
When I create a Setup Project, set the Primary Output the WinForm project
and let other options with default values, I obtain the .msi file.
When I run the .msi file, it create the folder with dll's and the .exe under
C:\Program Files, but not an item in the Start menu (or a shortcut in the
desktop user).
So the users have to browse in the folder and run the exe manually. Not very
comfortable.

Why this happen?

Thanks in advance.

--
Luigi
http://blogs.dotnethell.it/ciupaz/

miher

      9th Feb 2009
Hi,

To put anything into other folder You have to specify that. If You select
the setup project, and the FileSystem view (right click setup project select
view/File system), by default You should see 3 folders in the tree view on
the left. To put anything onto the users desktop populate the "User's
Desktop" folder, do the same with "User's Programs Menu" for start menu.

For example :
to create a simple shortcut select Your primary project output / right-click
and select create shortcut / drag the shortcut to any above mentioned
folders.

Hope You find this useful.
-Zsolt

"Luigi Z" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> in my .NET C# 2.0 solution, I have several Class Library projects and one
> Windows Forms project.
> When I create a Setup Project, set the Primary Output the WinForm project
> and let other options with default values, I obtain the .msi file.
> When I run the .msi file, it create the folder with dll's and the .exe
> under
> C:\Program Files, but not an item in the Start menu (or a shortcut in the
> desktop user).
> So the users have to browse in the folder and run the exe manually. Not
> very
> comfortable.
>
> Why this happen?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> Luigi
> http://blogs.dotnethell.it/ciupaz/

Luigi Z

      11th Feb 2009
"miher" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To put anything into other folder You have to specify that. If You select
> the setup project, and the FileSystem view (right click setup project select
> view/File system), by default You should see 3 folders in the tree view on
> the left. To put anything onto the users desktop populate the "User's
> Desktop" folder, do the same with "User's Programs Menu" for start menu.
>
> For example :
> to create a simple shortcut select Your primary project output / right-click
> and select create shortcut / drag the shortcut to any above mentioned
> folders.
>
> Hope You find this useful.
> -Zsolt

Perfect, thank you Miher.