Problems installing Visioneer 8600 scanner

P. LaFoy

      14th Jul 2003
I have tried repeatedly to install a Visioneer 8600
scanner to my new computer with Windows XP but it will not
install correctly. I have downloaded the driver from the
Visioneer website but it still does not work.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it work?

Thank you.

Sabir V. Maliyekkal

      14th Jul 2003

Remove all the Visioneer software what you have
installed. Disconnect the scanner. Re-install the
software. Install the WinXP Driver. At this point the
system will prompt you to connect the scanner. Try this
out because I have the same scanner working

Sabir

scanner, I have
>experience with Visioneer scanners and XP.
>
>Try installing the Windows 2000 driver (after cleaning

out anything else you
>have done and rebooting) and then downloading/installing

any updates for
>your particular scanner from the website. It worked in

the cases I have run