Problems installing my Epson Stylus Color Printer

Carolyn

      30th Jan 2005

Thomas Ferguson Wrote:
> The driver for Windows 9x systems is available from the Epson web site
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2shpm
>
> Try downloading and installing that driver.
>
> Let us know.
>
> Tom
> MSMVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Carolyn" http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> :
> : I have recently had my PC fixed after having problems connecting to
> the
> : internet, but I'm now having problems installing my printer.
> :
> : I am using Windows Millennium, and every time I click on Printers,
> and
> : add new printer, I go through all the stages, and it tells me that a
> : file cannot be found, and to insert the Windows Millennium disc
> which
> : don't have. The file the computer can't find is DMCOLOR.DLL. The
> file
> : does seem to be there though when I search for it. Does anyone have
> : any advise about how to rectify this problem?
> :
> : Thank you
> :
> : Carolyn
> :
> :
> : --
> : Carolyn

Thanks for that Tom, I'll give it a go and let you know.

--
Carolyn

Thomas Ferguson

      30th Jan 2005
If you want to have a look at other Microsoft news groups, one way is to
start here:
http://communities.microsoft.com/new...asp?icp=dotNET

This is a direct link to the Windows Me printing news group that uses
the Network News Transport Protocol (NNTP) rather than a HyperText
Transport Protocol (HTTP) together with a news client to read the
groups:

NEWS://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...owsme.printing

Note that the second link will cause changes to be made in your computer
set-up. A NNTP client will be set up to read the group
windowsme.printing from Microsoft's server, news.microsoft.com. That
client will be,in all likelihood, Outlook Express.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Carolyn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
:
: Thomas Ferguson Wrote:
: > The driver for Windows 9x systems is available from the Epson web
site
: >
: > http://tinyurl.com/2shpm
: >
: > Try downloading and installing that driver.
: >
: > Let us know.
: >
: > Tom
: > MSMVP
: > Windows Shell/User
: >
: >
: > "Carolyn" (E-Mail Removed) wrote in message
: > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: > :
: > : I have recently had my PC fixed after having problems connecting
: > the
: > : internet, but I'm now having problems installing my printer.
: > :
: > : I am using Windows Millennium, and every time I click on Printers,
: > and
: > : add new printer, I go through all the stages, and it tells me that
: > : file cannot be found, and to insert the Windows Millennium disc
: > which
: > I
: > : don't have. The file the computer can't find is DMCOLOR.DLL. The
: > file
: > : does seem to be there though when I search for it. Does anyone
have
: > : any advise about how to rectify this problem?
: > :
: > : Thank you
: > :
: > : Carolyn