Problems installing with CIW and OAB

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZSBNLiBEb21pbmd1ZXo=?=

      9th May 2005
Hello:

I'm testing an installation for 5000 users of outlook 2003 sp1 (with
exchange 2003).

I'm using the Custom installation wizard and I'm configuring it to enable
download of the offline address book (in the send/receive options).

In any case I've tried, the OAB does not download, and the user gets a
message when clicking on send/receive saying "error 0x...". If the user
goes to tools-options-send/receive- modify send receive group and disable the
download of the OAB the error does not come up, but unfortunately the OAB has
not been downloaded.

On the other hand if I don't use an MST on installation the OAB is
downloaded successfully and everything works fine, unfortunately I'm forced
to use the MST to create the exchange user profile

What can be wrong?
Please Help

Thanks
Jose M. Dominguez

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      9th May 2005
What happens when you don't configure anything in the send/receive options?
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Jose M. Dominguez" <Jose M. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello:
>
> I'm testing an installation for 5000 users of outlook 2003 sp1 (with
> exchange 2003).
>
> I'm using the Custom installation wizard and I'm configuring it to enable
> download of the offline address book (in the send/receive options).
>
> In any case I've tried, the OAB does not download, and the user gets a
> message when clicking on send/receive saying "error 0x...". If the user
> goes to tools-options-send/receive- modify send receive group and disable the
> download of the OAB the error does not come up, but unfortunately the OAB has
> not been downloaded.
>
> On the other hand if I don't use an MST on installation the OAB is
> downloaded successfully and everything works fine, unfortunately I'm forced
> to use the MST to create the exchange user profile
>
> What can be wrong?
> Please Help
>
> Thanks
> Jose M. Dominguez

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZSBNLiBEb21pbmd1ZXo=?=

      9th May 2005
Hello Sue:

If I don't configure anything in the send/receive options of the CIW, the
OAB still is not downloaded. By default the download address book check of
the send receive options in Outlook appears marked but when I turn outlook
offline, the address book is empty and If I press send/receive I get the
error (0x...).

Cached mode is set to download full items.

If I don't use MST at all, then it does download the OAB.

Thank You
Jose Manuel Dominguez

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" escribió:

> What happens when you don't configure anything in the send/receive options?
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
> Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
> Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
> http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "Jose M. Dominguez" <Jose M. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello:
> >
> > I'm testing an installation for 5000 users of outlook 2003 sp1 (with
> > exchange 2003).
> >
> > I'm using the Custom installation wizard and I'm configuring it to enable
> > download of the offline address book (in the send/receive options).
> >
> > In any case I've tried, the OAB does not download, and the user gets a
> > message when clicking on send/receive saying "error 0x...". If the user
> > goes to tools-options-send/receive- modify send receive group and disable the
> > download of the OAB the error does not come up, but unfortunately the OAB has
> > not been downloaded.
> >
> > On the other hand if I don't use an MST on installation the OAB is
> > downloaded successfully and everything works fine, unfortunately I'm forced
> > to use the MST to create the exchange user profile
> >
> > What can be wrong?
> > Please Help
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jose M. Dominguez

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      9th May 2005
Weird. I can't say that I've encountered a case like that before.

What about deploying your profile, then, by copying the .prf file and setting the ImportPRF registry value with a login script or something like that?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Jose M. Dominguez" <Jose M. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Sue:
>
> If I don't configure anything in the send/receive options of the CIW, the
> OAB still is not downloaded. By default the download address book check of
> the send receive options in Outlook appears marked but when I turn outlook
> offline, the address book is empty and If I press send/receive I get the
> error (0x...).
>
> Cached mode is set to download full items.
>
> If I don't use MST at all, then it does download the OAB.
>

> Thank You
> Jose Manuel Dominguez
>
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" escribió:
>
>> What happens when you don't configure anything in the send/receive options?
>> --
>> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>> Author of
>> Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>> Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>> http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>>

>> "Jose M. Dominguez" <Jose M. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hello:
>> >
>> > I'm testing an installation for 5000 users of outlook 2003 sp1 (with
>> > exchange 2003).
>> >
>> > I'm using the Custom installation wizard and I'm configuring it to enable
>> > download of the offline address book (in the send/receive options).
>> >
>> > In any case I've tried, the OAB does not download, and the user gets a
>> > message when clicking on send/receive saying "error 0x...". If the user
>> > goes to tools-options-send/receive- modify send receive group and disable the
>> > download of the OAB the error does not come up, but unfortunately the OAB has
>> > not been downloaded.
>> >
>> > On the other hand if I don't use an MST on installation the OAB is
>> > downloaded successfully and everything works fine, unfortunately I'm forced
>> > to use the MST to create the exchange user profile
>> >
>> > What can be wrong?
>> > Please Help
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Jose M. Dominguez

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZSBNLiBEb21pbmd1ZXo=?=

      9th May 2005
Well, The problem is I configure other things with the MST, but I will try to
find out...
By the way, the error I get when I click send/receive is 0x80004005, the
strange thing is that even after installation if I try to set the OAB on (in
options - mail setup - send/receive) it won't work.

Thanks
Jose M. Dominguez

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" escribió:

> Weird. I can't say that I've encountered a case like that before.
>
> What about deploying your profile, then, by copying the .prf file and setting the ImportPRF registry value with a login script or something like that?
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
> Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
> Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
> http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "Jose M. Dominguez" <Jose M. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello Sue:
> >
> > If I don't configure anything in the send/receive options of the CIW, the
> > OAB still is not downloaded. By default the download address book check of
> > the send receive options in Outlook appears marked but when I turn outlook
> > offline, the address book is empty and If I press send/receive I get the
> > error (0x...).
> >
> > Cached mode is set to download full items.
> >
> > If I don't use MST at all, then it does download the OAB.
> >

> > Thank You
> > Jose Manuel Dominguez
> >
> > "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" escribió:
> >
> >> What happens when you don't configure anything in the send/receive options?
> >> --
> >> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> >> Author of
> >> Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
> >> Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
> >> http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      9th May 2005
Sorry, you implied that the only reason you were using the MST was to configure the Exchange user profile. Is there more to the error text than just the number?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Jose M. Dominguez" <Jose M. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, The problem is I configure other things with the MST, but I will try to
> find out...
> By the way, the error I get when I click send/receive is 0x80004005, the
> strange thing is that even after installation if I try to set the OAB on (in
> options - mail setup - send/receive) it won't work.
>
> Thanks
> Jose M. Dominguez
>

> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" escribió:
>
>> Weird. I can't say that I've encountered a case like that before.
>>
>> What about deploying your profile, then, by copying the .prf file and setting the ImportPRF registry value with a login script or something like that?

>> "Jose M. Dominguez" <Jose M. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hello Sue:
>> >
>> > If I don't configure anything in the send/receive options of the CIW, the
>> > OAB still is not downloaded. By default the download address book check of
>> > the send receive options in Outlook appears marked but when I turn outlook
>> > offline, the address book is empty and If I press send/receive I get the
>> > error (0x...).
>> >
>> > Cached mode is set to download full items.
>> >
>> > If I don't use MST at all, then it does download the OAB.
>> >

>> > Thank You
>> > Jose Manuel Dominguez

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZSBNLiBEb21pbmd1ZXo=?=

      9th May 2005
Hello Sue:

No, I'm afraid i just get this error code, no description at all. But if I
unmark the check of download oab in send/receive settings the error does not
occur anymore.

Thanks
Jose M. Dominguez

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" escribió:

> Sorry, you implied that the only reason you were using the MST was to configure the Exchange user profile. Is there more to the error text than just the number?
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
> Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
> Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
> http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "Jose M. Dominguez" <Jose M. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Well, The problem is I configure other things with the MST, but I will try to
> > find out...
> > By the way, the error I get when I click send/receive is 0x80004005, the
> > strange thing is that even after installation if I try to set the OAB on (in
> > options - mail setup - send/receive) it won't work.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jose M. Dominguez
> >

> > "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" escribió:
> >
> >> Weird. I can't say that I've encountered a case like that before.
> >>
> >> What about deploying your profile, then, by copying the .prf file and setting the ImportPRF registry value with a login script or something like that?

=?Utf-8?B?RG9uIFRoaWVtZQ==?=

      18th Jul 2005
DEar Sue:

I am stationed in POland, and I keep getting this pesky "folder inbox
synchronizing headers reported error 0x80004005" I do not know if this is
because of the local dial in that I am using, orsomething else. THe server
it is looking for, if I understand this correctly, is
http://oe.msn.msnmail.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata

is it possible that I need to configure it to go look for a different server
location?

Hoping to hear you can help...
Thanks

Don Thieme
(E-Mail Removed)

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> What happens when you don't configure anything in the send/receive options?

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      18th Jul 2005
What's the context here? What does this have to do with the original thread about the CIW and OAB? Are you trying to access MSN or Hotmail? In what version of Outlook?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of