problems on boot: unmountable boot volume win xp Maxtor SATA hdrive

Dave

      19th Aug 2003
Hi

I have recently come back from a 2 week holiday to find my newly built
computer wont boot. It was working fine for about 2 months before I left. It
has error: "unmountable boot volume". I have tried booting from the cd and
running chkdsk /p and /r but it fails to run and reports an error:
'unrecoverable problem'.

Any ideas appreciated!

It is an Asus A7N8X deluxe, xp2600+ and a maxtor SATA 120Gbyte drive that I
needed to install 3rd party drivers for when i set the system up. The hard
drive is connected via the SATA lead.

Thanks for any help given
Dave

Dave

      19th Aug 2003
I should add that the Maxtor drive is my my primary drive connected via the
mobo's SATA1 connector. Its the only drive in the system and was happily
booting from it before. The hd is seen in BIOS and during the initial boot
sequence.

I am wondering about hitting f6 and trying to install the ASUS SATA drivers
again.......

news:bhtjn9$eha$(E-Mail Removed)...