Problems with AntiSpyware Install

SCouture

      19th Jan 2005
I recently installed Microsoft AntiSpyware and had the
following problems after it ran:
It had found 2 files it couldn't clean or fix and asked
if I wanted to delete them, I clicked yes.
After rebooting my computer, I had multiple problems in
accessing my start taskbar, it removed my internet
connection in Internet Explorer, and my Norton Anti-Virus
cannot run and gives me an error message that it must be
reinstalled. I contacted Microsoft support and a great
person helped me to determine I had two Winsock errors,
got those deleted and it has re-established my Internet
connection.
My current problem is that we attempted to Uninstall the
AntiSpyware, both from normal and from Safe Mode and it
will not uninstall in either.
Any solutions for this?

John

      19th Jan 2005
what version of norton antivirus are you using?

i don't have any issue with norton antivirus 2005. Not
that i know so far.

find a utilities that will uninstall it? i don't know if
norton system work have that feature but it will fix
computer problem.

Bill Sanderson

      19th Jan 2005
Thanks for the report.

What kind of issue are you having with the uninstall? Do you get error
messages?

Microsoft has an installer cleanup utility that might concievably help with
this:

Additionally, you might try reinstalling Microsoft Antispyware, and then
uninstalling it immediately. This should be safe to do, and might resolve
the installer issues that are preventing the normal uninstall.

news:08c201c4fde6$c0410ad0$(E-Mail Removed)...