Problem with Windows 98SE client and printer

JM

      30th Jun 2006
Windows 2000 Server, with about 15 clients, all XP Pro, except for one
Windows 98SE computer that gets very little use. However, it does need
printer access.

When I try to add a network printer, I get a blue screen and the following
error:

Network Write Error:

You have no space available on the sever. Press any key to continue.

What is causing this?

thank you,

jm

Paul Bergson

      30th Jun 2006
Probably a bad pritner driver, win98 doesn't have the driver protection
later o/s' have. That o/s is almost 10 years old, it may be time to move
on.

--
Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, CNE, CNA, CCA
http://www.pbbergs.com

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup

"JM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XC0pg.6213$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows 2000 Server, with about 15 clients, all XP Pro, except for one
> Windows 98SE computer that gets very little use. However, it does need
> printer access.
>
> When I try to add a network printer, I get a blue screen and the following
> error:
>
> Network Write Error:
>
> You have no space available on the sever. Press any key to continue.
>
> What is causing this?
>
> thank you,
>
> jm

JM

      1st Jul 2006
That's a good suggestion.

And I couldn't agree more about moving on from Win98, but I'm not making
that decision, and the person who is simply doesn't agree. Frustrating.

jm

"Paul Bergson" <pbergson@allete_nospam.com> wrote in message
news:eI$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Probably a bad pritner driver, win98 doesn't have the driver protection
> later o/s' have. That o/s is almost 10 years old, it may be time to move
> on.
>
> --
> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, CNE, CNA, CCA
> http://www.pbbergs.com
>
> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup

> rights.
>
> "JM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:XC0pg.6213$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Windows 2000 Server, with about 15 clients, all XP Pro, except for one
>> Windows 98SE computer that gets very little use. However, it does need
>> printer access.
>>
>> When I try to add a network printer, I get a blue screen and the
>> following
>> error:
>>
>> Network Write Error:
>>
>> You have no space available on the sever. Press any key to continue.
>>
>> What is causing this?
>>
>> thank you,
>>
>> jm

Paul Bergson

      3rd Jul 2006
Then tell them you can't load the printer and let them manage it.

--
Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, CNE, CNA, CCA
http://www.pbbergs.com

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup

news:erlpg.8077$(E-Mail Removed)...