Problem Starting Word & Excel

trvlnmny

      9th Dec 2010
We have had Office Basic 2003 working on a computer with W XP.
We have replaced that computer with a Toshiba laptop and a Dell
Laptop.
Both of these laptops have W 7.
I have installed, from the MS CD, Office Basic 2003 onto both laptops.
We only use Word & Excel.
Everything seems to work fine on the Toshiba laptop.
On the Dell laptop every time I start Excel or Word I have to agree
to the End User Licensing Agreement.
That is every time for both Excel or Word but only on the Dell.

Thanks for any and all help.

joeu2004

      9th Dec 2010
On Dec 9, 11:48*am, trvlnmny <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> We have had Office Basic 2003 working on a computer with W XP.
> We have replaced that computer with a Toshiba laptop and a Dell
> Laptop. Both of these laptops have W 7.
> I have installed, from the MS CD, Office Basic 2003 onto both laptops.
> We only use Word & Excel.
> Everything seems to work fine on the Toshiba laptop.
> On the Dell laptop every time I start Excel or Word I have to agree
> to *the End User Licensing Agreement.
> That is every time for both Excel or Word but only on the Dell.

Funny, I was just making inquiries in the Answers Forum about doing
the same thing myself.

I suspect the problem has to do with the requirement to "activate" the
software.

You probably need to call Dell tech support. But when you find out
the answer from the Dell, please post an update response here. I will
be very interested in an authoritative answer.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      9th Dec 2010
You need to log in as Administrator (not just in a profile with
administrator privileges) and accept the EULA.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"trvlnmny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We have had Office Basic 2003 working on a computer with W XP.
> We have replaced that computer with a Toshiba laptop and a Dell
> Laptop.
> Both of these laptops have W 7.
> I have installed, from the MS CD, Office Basic 2003 onto both laptops.
> We only use Word & Excel.
> Everything seems to work fine on the Toshiba laptop.
> On the Dell laptop every time I start Excel or Word I have to agree
> to the End User Licensing Agreement.
> That is every time for both Excel or Word but only on the Dell.
>
> Thanks for any and all help.

trvlnmny

      10th Dec 2010
On Dec 9, 3:40*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> You need to log in as Administrator (not just in a profile with
> administrator privileges) and accept the EULA.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org
>
> "trvlnmny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > We have had Office Basic 2003 working on a computer with W XP.
> > We have replaced that computer with a Toshiba laptop and a Dell
> > Laptop.
> > Both of these laptops have W 7.
> > I have installed, from the MS CD, Office Basic 2003 onto both laptops.
> > We only use Word & Excel.
> > Everything seems to work fine on the Toshiba laptop.
> > On the Dell laptop every time I start Excel or Word I have to agree
> > to *the End User Licensing Agreement.
> > That is every time for both Excel or Word but only on the Dell.

> > Thanks for any and all help.

Susan,
Thank you for the reply. My User has admin privileges, You are saying
that this is not good enough. How do I login as Administrator using W
7.
Thanks.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      10th Dec 2010
This is what I'm not real clear on, as I know that Windows 7 supposedly has
a specific Administrator account that is separate from all others, and yet
my W7 laptop seems to have only one profile. But right-click on the shortcut
used to start the app and see if Run as Administrator is on the context
menu; that's what I was told to use to install my AV, for example.