Problem sending EXE file

jarin

      25th Jul 2007
Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I made a ppt presentation and then convert it into an exe file with
flash, Works well on my computer. Want now to send it out to clients
and can't. Am using MS Outlook 2003 with OS being XP Pro.

I know I could change extention to "txt" or whatever but would have
then to send instructions to client to change extention . Could also
zip it with winzip but one has to think that because I have winzip
others might not have it and wil not bother getting it to unzip my
file.

I just want to keep "it simple" for customer by simply clicking on
file and voila it would work.

Many thanks for help.

Please reply, if possible, to my E-mail address.

Cheers, Take Care & Have a Great Day

Jacques
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

J Blessing

      25th Jul 2007
Even if you could send it, any recipient would be stupid to run an attached
exe, even if they think they know who it came from.

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace,
send newsletters

"jarin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wednesday, July 25, 2007
>
> I made a ppt presentation and then convert it into an exe file with
> flash, Works well on my computer. Want now to send it out to clients
> and can't. Am using MS Outlook 2003 with OS being XP Pro.
>
> I know I could change extention to "txt" or whatever but would have
> then to send instructions to client to change extention . Could also
> zip it with winzip but one has to think that because I have winzip
> others might not have it and wil not bother getting it to unzip my
> file.
>
> I just want to keep "it simple" for customer by simply clicking on
> file and voila it would work.
>
> Many thanks for help.
>
> Please reply, if possible, to my E-mail address.
>
> Cheers, Take Care & Have a Great Day
>
> Jacques
> (E-Mail Removed)

Pat Willener

      26th Jul 2007
As John already pointed out in his reply, most recipients' mail clients
will reject attached .EXE files. So why not just send out the .PPT
file? Too large? In this case, do not attach it, but include a link to a
download location.

jarin wrote:
> Wednesday, July 25, 2007
>
> I made a ppt presentation and then convert it into an exe file with
> flash, Works well on my computer. Want now to send it out to clients
> and can't. Am using MS Outlook 2003 with OS being XP Pro.
>
> I know I could change extention to "txt" or whatever but would have
> then to send instructions to client to change extention . Could also
> zip it with winzip but one has to think that because I have winzip
> others might not have it and wil not bother getting it to unzip my
> file.
>
> I just want to keep "it simple" for customer by simply clicking on
> file and voila it would work.
>
> Many thanks for help.
>
> Please reply, if possible, to my E-mail address.
>
> Cheers, Take Care & Have a Great Day
>
> Jacques
> (E-Mail Removed)

jarin

      11th Aug 2007
On Jul 25, 11:04 pm, Pat Willener <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> As John already pointed out in his reply, most recipients' mail clients
> will reject attached .EXE files. So why not just send out the .PPT
> file? Too large? In this case, do not attach it, but include a link to a
> download location.
>

> jarin wrote:
> > Wednesday, July 25, 2007

> > I made a ppt presentation and then convert it into an exe file with
> > flash, Works well on my computer. Want now to send it out to clients
> > and can't. Am using MS Outlook 2003 with OS being XP Pro.

> > I know I could change extention to "txt" or whatever but would have
> > then to send instructions to client to change extention . Could also
> > zip it with winzip but one has to think that because I have winzip
> > others might not have it and wil not bother getting it to unzip my
> > file.

> > I just want to keep "it simple" for customer by simply clicking on
> > file and voila it would work.

> > Many thanks for help.

> > Please reply, if possible, to my E-mail address.

> > Cheers, Take Care & Have a Great Day

> > Jacques
> > (E-Mail Removed)- Hide quoted text -

I like this idea of a remote location with a link. How would this
work.

Jacques