Problem with "security package Negotiate generated an exception"

Mike Sidler

      7th Jul 2005
My Win2k server keeps getting this error and it kills all networking on the
box.I have to reboot Win2K to get it working again.

Tried MS support site and it says "To resolve this problem immediately,
contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the fix.".

Has any anyone dealt with this and what was the result?

Thanks
Mike

New Member

      12th Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sidler
My Win2k server keeps getting this error and it kills all networking on the
box.I have to reboot Win2K to get it working again.

Tried MS support site and it says "To resolve this problem immediately,
contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the fix.".

Has any anyone dealt with this and what was the result?

Thanks
Mike
I have the same problem on 3 identical W2K Server machines.
Yesterday i recieved the patch from Microsoft, applied it on 1 machine but without a result.
I am running out on ideas on this one....

Anyone else??

Cameron Dorrough

      12th Jul 2005
"-DJ-" <DJ-.1s1o6b@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Mike Sidler Wrote:
> > My Win2k server keeps getting this error and it kills all networking on
> > the
> > box.I have to reboot Win2K to get it working again.
> >
> > Tried MS support site and it says "To resolve this problem
> > immediately,
> > contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the fix.".
> >
> > Has any anyone dealt with this and what was the result?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Mike

> I have the same problem on 3 identical W2K Server machines.
> Yesterday i recieved the patch from Microsoft, applied it on 1 machine
> but without a result.
> I am running out on ideas on this one....
>
> Anyone else??

Are you running SP4? If so, try reinstalling it..

Cameron:-)

New Member

      12th Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Dorrough
"-DJ-" <DJ-.1s1o6b@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Mike Sidler Wrote:
> > My Win2k server keeps getting this error and it kills all networking on
> > the
> > box.I have to reboot Win2K to get it working again.
> >
> > Tried MS support site and it says "To resolve this problem
> > immediately,
> > contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the fix.".
> >
> > Has any anyone dealt with this and what was the result?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Mike

> I have the same problem on 3 identical W2K Server machines.
> Yesterday i recieved the patch from Microsoft, applied it on 1 machine
> but without a result.
> I am running out on ideas on this one....
>
> Anyone else??

Are you running SP4? If so, try reinstalling it..

Cameron:-)
Yes , these machines are running SP4 and we reinstalled it several times.
But also on a "fresh build system" this error occours.

Cameron Dorrough

      12th Jul 2005
"-DJ-" <DJ-.1s1sca@> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> Cameron Dorrough Wrote:
> >
> > Are you running SP4? If so, try reinstalling it..
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;328948
> >
> > Cameron:-)

> Yes , these machines are running SP4 and we reinstalled it several
> times.
> But also on a "fresh build system" this error occours.

That is extremely odd. You must have some sort of driver
issue/non-compatibility.

Are these servers actually W2k-compliant?? Keep in mind that 2003 Server
compliance *does not* automatically mean 2000 Server compliance.. (I found
that out the hard way recently :-( )

Cameron:-)