Problem with Panasonic NV-GS300 video camera

=?Utf-8?B?SGVpa2tp?=

      20th May 2007
I connect the camera via USB and computer doesn't seem to find the camera.
Vista installs some driver of it's own and doesn't let me install Panasonic
driver. As a result, i can't capture any video from camera with Adobe
Premiere program. Is there a place, where I could find a driver that works or
solve the compatibility problem somehow?

huwyngr

      20th May 2007
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Heikki wrote:

> I connect the camera via USB and computer doesn't seem to find the camera.*
> Vista installs some driver of it's own and doesn't let me install Panasonic*
> driver.

With USB devices you have to install the dedicated software before you attach
the USB cable to the printer and to the PC. They must be isolated until wither
the software installation procedure tells you to connect or until after
[Finish]

Use Add/Remove programs to remove any Panasonic software you may have
installed and delete any icon for the camera that may appear in Control Panel
Scanners & Cameras then reboot and install the Panasonic software. Check first
if it is designed for VISTA if not see if you can get VISTA software for your
camera; if not you can try installing the XP software using Compatibility mode
and setting it to XP with SP2 and also checking the box Run as Administrator.

You do this by locating the file that starts the installation procedure --
might be setup.exe -- and right mouse clicking on it then selecting
Compatibility. You'll see the two functions to set on that TAB.