problem opening PPT file from the internet

=?Utf-8?B?VGVjaGlwQW1E?=

      18th Oct 2007
I am having a problem I am not sure how to fix. I am going to a website that
lets me (supposedly) open a PPT file when I click on it. But the only 2
options I get are 1. Save or 2. Cancel, there is no Open button when I click
on the file. Any ideas?

Echo S

      18th Oct 2007
I don't know, but my guess is this may be related to IE security settings.
Are you using IE7?

What's new in PowerPoint 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
(New!) The PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/2qzlpl
Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/power...noy/index.html
PPTLive! Oct 28-31, New Orleans http://www.pptlive.com

"TechipAmD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am having a problem I am not sure how to fix. I am going to a website
>that
> lets me (supposedly) open a PPT file when I click on it. But the only 2
> options I get are 1. Save or 2. Cancel, there is no Open button when I
> click
> on the file. Any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?VGVjaGlwQW1E?=

      18th Oct 2007
Yes, I am using IE6. I have looked through all the settings, but can not seem
to find anything that would effect if I tried top open a PT file.

"Echo S" wrote:

> I don't know, but my guess is this may be related to IE security settings.
> Are you using IE7?
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PowerPoint 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
> (New!) The PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/2qzlpl
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances
> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/power...noy/index.html
> PPTLive! Oct 28-31, New Orleans http://www.pptlive.com
>
> "TechipAmD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am having a problem I am not sure how to fix. I am going to a website
> >that
> > lets me (supposedly) open a PPT file when I click on it. But the only 2
> > options I get are 1. Save or 2. Cancel, there is no Open button when I
> > click
> > on the file. Any ideas?

Echo S

      18th Oct 2007
Okay.

Maybe see if anything here helps:

Control how the browser opens PowerPoint files
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00189.htm

What's new in PowerPoint 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
(New!) The PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/2qzlpl
Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/power...noy/index.html
PPTLive! Oct 28-31, New Orleans http://www.pptlive.com

"TechipAmD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, I am using IE6. I have looked through all the settings, but can not
> seem
> to find anything that would effect if I tried top open a PT file.
>

> "Echo S" wrote:
>
>> I don't know, but my guess is this may be related to IE security
>> settings.
>> Are you using IE7?
>>
>> --
>> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
>> What's new in PowerPoint 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
>> (New!) The PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit
>> http://tinyurl.com/2qzlpl
>> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances
>> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/power...noy/index.html
>> PPTLive! Oct 28-31, New Orleans http://www.pptlive.com
>>
>> "TechipAmD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I am having a problem I am not sure how to fix. I am going to a website
>> >that
>> > lets me (supposedly) open a PPT file when I click on it. But the only 2
>> > options I get are 1. Save or 2. Cancel, there is no Open button when I
>> > click
>> > on the file. Any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?VGVjaGlwQW1E?=

      19th Oct 2007
The person I was trying to help is no longer concerned with the issue, but I
think your solution would have worked. Thank you.

"Echo S" wrote:

> Okay.
>
> Maybe see if anything here helps:
>
> Control how the browser opens PowerPoint files
> http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00189.htm
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PowerPoint 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
> (New!) The PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/2qzlpl
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances
> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/power...noy/index.html
> PPTLive! Oct 28-31, New Orleans http://www.pptlive.com
>
> "TechipAmD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yes, I am using IE6. I have looked through all the settings, but can not
> > seem
> > to find anything that would effect if I tried top open a PT file.
> >

> > "Echo S" wrote:
> >
> >> I don't know, but my guess is this may be related to IE security
> >> settings.
> >> Are you using IE7?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> >> What's new in PowerPoint 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
> >> (New!) The PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit
> >> http://tinyurl.com/2qzlpl
> >> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances
> >> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/power...noy/index.html
> >> PPTLive! Oct 28-31, New Orleans http://www.pptlive.com
> >>
> >> "TechipAmD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Echo S

      19th Oct 2007
Thanks for getting back with us. Hang onto that link in case they become
concerned again! :-)