problem installing new DVD burner

ian

      17th Apr 2004
i just recently purchased a new pioneer dvd burner. it was
intended to replace my other one (sony). now, i am not a
hardware savvy individual mind you. but, basically i
unhooked the IDE and power cable from the old sony drive
and inserted into the new drive. simply right? i boot my
computer and now it not only doesn't recognize the new
drive, it doesn't recognize my DVD-ROM either! nothing
shows up in device manager or explorer. what is going on
here? is this a master/slave problem?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

      17th Apr 2004
Make sure the jumper setting is set to "master" if this is the
only optical drive installed.

Restore CD/DVD Drives to Explorer
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_d...cd_dvd_fix.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

news:04b001c42498$002a2f10$(E-Mail Removed)...