Problem copying and moving files

rfdjr1@optonline.net

      15th Nov 2005
I recently had to do a reinstall/repair of Windows XP Pro. Now when I go to move
or copy files from one folder to another in Windows Explorer, a box comes up
saying:

"Please wait while Windows configures Easy CD and DVD Creator 6"

Another box then opens which says:

"Easy CD and DVD Creator 6
The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is
not available."

I haven't used this program in years. Didn't like it as it caused me too many
headaches. And I've never installed it on this machine. I have noticed that a
couple of other programs, like MS Office had me put the CD in the drive the
first time I tried to use it after the reinstall/repair, so I'm assuming it has
something to do with updating the registry in the new installation.

But where is Easy CD and DVD Creator 6? I can't find it on the Windows XP Pro
CD.

Thanks.

Gerry Cornell

      15th Nov 2005
Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 is a third party programme by Roxio and
nothing to do with Windows XP Pro.

Look in Event Viewer for an Error Report referring to "The feature you
are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not
available." and post a copy here.

You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
Event Viewer.
When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
ID, Source
and Description are important.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
click on the
error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
resembling two
pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
message
(email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
info from the
Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
sure this is
the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently had to do a reinstall/repair of Windows XP Pro. Now when I
>go to move
> or copy files from one folder to another in Windows Explorer, a box
> comes up
> saying:
>
> "Please wait while Windows configures Easy CD and DVD Creator 6"
>
> Another box then opens which says:
>
> "Easy CD and DVD Creator 6
> The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable
> disk that is
> not available."
>
> I haven't used this program in years. Didn't like it as it caused me
> too many
> headaches. And I've never installed it on this machine. I have noticed
> that a
> couple of other programs, like MS Office had me put the CD in the
> drive the
> first time I tried to use it after the reinstall/repair, so I'm
> assuming it has
> something to do with updating the registry in the new installation.
>
> But where is Easy CD and DVD Creator 6? I can't find it on the Windows
> XP Pro
> CD.
>
> Thanks.

New Member

      25th Jul 2011
what was the solution? i also have got the same error.