Probelms with Access

cjay85@gmail.com

      2nd Mar 2007
Hi,

I am fairly new to Access and am creating a database for a helpline
for a local charity. The database has a simple form for data entry
included fields where the user types in information and where they use
drop down boxes.

I now have a few problems that I have having with the database.

1 :: I want to create a rule that means that if the user tries to skip
a field when entering data an error message is shown. This includes
drop down menus.

2 :: When creating reports the user can enter what type of information
that they want listed. For example if they want to see all the phone
calls they have received from a docter it lists all the records that
this is the case. Is there a way that access can automatically count
the amount of fields that the query has produced?

3 :: Is there a way when creating reports to have the data shown in
percentage form. For example is there a way when seeing all the phone
calls they have received from a docter Access can calculate what
percentage this is compared to the whole amount of records that the
database holds.

Many thanks for all your help.

Chris

=?Utf-8?B?QW50b25pbyBQcnVldHQtU2FyYXRhbiBJSQ==?=

      2nd Mar 2007
1. Do you want the popup to do anything like "Are you sure you want to skip
this field?" [Yes] [No] or do just want it to pop up saying "This field needs
to filled in!" [OK]

2. could you give a short example of what you want it to look like?

3. once you give the example we should be able to help you write the
expression for percentage.
--

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am fairly new to Access and am creating a database for a helpline
> for a local charity. The database has a simple form for data entry
> included fields where the user types in information and where they use
> drop down boxes.
>
> I now have a few problems that I have having with the database.
>
> 1 :: I want to create a rule that means that if the user tries to skip
> a field when entering data an error message is shown. This includes
> drop down menus.
>
> 2 :: When creating reports the user can enter what type of information
> that they want listed. For example if they want to see all the phone
> calls they have received from a docter it lists all the records that
> this is the case. Is there a way that access can automatically count
> the amount of fields that the query has produced?
>
> 3 :: Is there a way when creating reports to have the data shown in
> percentage form. For example is there a way when seeing all the phone
> calls they have received from a docter Access can calculate what
> percentage this is compared to the whole amount of records that the
> database holds.
>
> Many thanks for all your help.
>
> Chris

cjay85@gmail.com

      2nd Mar 2007
Antonio,

1. I would like for a pop just saying that "This field needs to be
filled in" which would give the user no option!

2. One example of the reports I want is that the user enters in the
type of caller, then they enter a start date and end date. I would
then want a report that would show other fields such as the Date / The
type of call and other fields that are contained within the database -
I have got this working but then at the bottom of the report I would
like a short summary such as There were (x) of calls receieved from
docters over this period.

3. I want the layout for the different kind of reports the same as
above but for these other types of report I would like the summary
shown as a percentage of all the different records in the database.

Many Thanks

Chris