Private appointments in Outlook 2007

mclainnet1

      14th May 2008
Every appointment I set up defaults to private. I have given permission for
my co-workers to see my calendar, but since all they see are private appts it
does not help them any. How do I change it so that I only mark the appts I
want private as private (which isn't very many), instead of having to
remember to uncheck the private button for each appontment or meeting?

Nikki Peterson

      15th May 2008
It sounds like you have turned on a "Global" setting in your Options.
Setting options Globally causes ALL emails, including meeting
requests, to be set to a setting of your choice.

- Select your TOOLS menu
- Select OPTIONS
- Click the E-MAIL OPTIONS... button
- Click the ADVANCED E-MAIL OPTIONS... button

Near the bottom of the window where it says "When sending a message"
there is a box for SET SENSITIVITY, click the box and select
NORMAL (instead of Private).

- Click OK
- Click OK
- Click OK

Now when you have a specific appointment that you wish to be private
you can set it specifically on that meeting alone.

Nikki Peterson

news:(E-Mail Removed)...