privacy warning

hitesh

      17th Jan 2010
Dear

when i try to save my file The messege Display. PRIVACY WARNING. THE
DOCUMENT CONTAIN MACROS,ACTIVEX CONTROLS,XML EXPANSION PACK INFORMATION, OR
WEB COMPONENTS,THESE MAY INCLUDE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT CANNOT BE REMOVED
BY THE DOCUMENT INSPECTOR.

what to do

pls help

trip_to_tokyo

      17th Jan 2010
Hi Hitesh.

I have not seen this warning before.

Have you constructed the file yourself?

Where have you go the file from?

If you have got the file from a reliable and trustworthy source you will
probably be OK to save the file (if that option is presented to you).

Another option for you would be to check the file with a virus checker and
make sure that it is, "clean" (not infected with any virus).

All you are really trying to do is to make sure that the file is safe to use
on an on-going basis and make sure that it will not harm your computer in any
way.

Thanks.

"hitesh" wrote:

> Dear
>
> when i try to save my file The messege Display. PRIVACY WARNING. THE
> DOCUMENT CONTAIN MACROS,ACTIVEX CONTROLS,XML EXPANSION PACK INFORMATION, OR
> WEB COMPONENTS,THESE MAY INCLUDE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT CANNOT BE REMOVED
> BY THE DOCUMENT INSPECTOR.
>
> what to do
>
> pls help

hitesh

      17th Jan 2010
As iam the new use of macros , iam trying to use macros by copy paste,

problems occure due to macros?

pls help

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

> Hi Hitesh.
>
> I have not seen this warning before.
>
> Have you constructed the file yourself?
>
> Where have you go the file from?
>
> If you have got the file from a reliable and trustworthy source you will
> probably be OK to save the file (if that option is presented to you).
>
> Another option for you would be to check the file with a virus checker and
> make sure that it is, "clean" (not infected with any virus).
>
> All you are really trying to do is to make sure that the file is safe to use
> on an on-going basis and make sure that it will not harm your computer in any
> way.
>
> If my comments have helped please hit Yes.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "hitesh" wrote:
>
> > Dear
> >
> > when i try to save my file The messege Display. PRIVACY WARNING. THE
> > DOCUMENT CONTAIN MACROS,ACTIVEX CONTROLS,XML EXPANSION PACK INFORMATION, OR
> > WEB COMPONENTS,THESE MAY INCLUDE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT CANNOT BE REMOVED
> > BY THE DOCUMENT INSPECTOR.
> >
> > what to do
> >
> > pls help

trip_to_tokyo

      17th Jan 2010
Hi hitesh, not sure on this one although others on this forum probably are.

I do know that with regard to macros you should be particularly careful that
they come from a reputable and reliable source because they can be used to
infect your pc with viruses.

Whatever you do I would take great care here.

"hitesh" wrote:

> As iam the new use of macros , iam trying to use macros by copy paste,
>
> problems occure due to macros?
>
> pls help
>
> "trip_to_tokyo" wrote:
>
> > Hi Hitesh.
> >
> > I have not seen this warning before.
> >
> > Have you constructed the file yourself?
> >
> > Where have you go the file from?
> >
> > If you have got the file from a reliable and trustworthy source you will
> > probably be OK to save the file (if that option is presented to you).
> >
> > Another option for you would be to check the file with a virus checker and
> > make sure that it is, "clean" (not infected with any virus).
> >
> > All you are really trying to do is to make sure that the file is safe to use
> > on an on-going basis and make sure that it will not harm your computer in any
> > way.
> >
> > If my comments have helped please hit Yes.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "hitesh" wrote:
> >
> > > Dear
> > >
> > > when i try to save my file The messege Display. PRIVACY WARNING. THE
> > > DOCUMENT CONTAIN MACROS,ACTIVEX CONTROLS,XML EXPANSION PACK INFORMATION, OR
> > > WEB COMPONENTS,THESE MAY INCLUDE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT CANNOT BE REMOVED
> > > BY THE DOCUMENT INSPECTOR.
> > >
> > > what to do
> > >
> > > pls help

Ed Ferrero

      18th Jan 2010
Hi hitesh,

You have enabled the 'Remove Personal Information' option.

You will continue to get that annoying message when you try to save the
workbook as an xslm, regardless of whether you actually have any code or
ActiveX controls in the workbook.

To stop getting the error message...

Click on the Orb (the round thing with squiggles on it at the top left of
the workbook).
Click 'Excel Options'.
Click 'Trust Center' (sic).
Click 'Trust Center Settings...".
Uncheck the 'Remove personal information from file properties on save'
checkbox.

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com