Printing to Netware printer

Fred

      24th Sep 2004
I have a Windows 2000 SP2 workstation on a Novell 3.12
network running Novell client 4.83. It has lost its
connection to a networked HP 5Si printer connected to an
Intel Netport Express XL. When I try to add the printer
back in, I get the message "Could not connect to the
printer. You either entered a printer name that was
incorrect or the specified printer is no longer connected
to the server. Check help for more information." When
trying to add the printer, I use the program to search the
network for printers and select the name of this
particular printer from the list, so I know the name is
correct and the program found the printer on the network.
When I try to go on from there, I get the above message.
No one else on the network is having any trouble printing
to this printer and this workstation can connect to the
network and print to and add other printers on the
network. I have tried several things that I found in the
knowledgebase, but none have worked. Any suggestions?

Peter Jam

      27th Sep 2004
Fred wrote:

> I have a Windows 2000 SP2 workstation on a Novell 3.12
> network running Novell client 4.83. It has lost its
> connection to a networked HP 5Si printer connected to an
> Intel Netport Express XL. When I try to add the printer
> back in, I get the message "Could not connect to the
> printer. You either entered a printer name that was
> incorrect or the specified printer is no longer connected
> to the server. Check help for more information." When
> trying to add the printer, I use the program to search the
> network for printers and select the name of this
> particular printer from the list, so I know the name is
> correct and the program found the printer on the network.
> When I try to go on from there, I get the above message.
> No one else on the network is having any trouble printing
> to this printer and this workstation can connect to the
> network and print to and add other printers on the
> network. I have tried several things that I found in the
> knowledgebase, but none have worked. Any suggestions?

What does the Netport say when you query it? Been a while since I used
that software. But I think it shows the status of the ports and there
is a Netware config. It is possible the Intel died.
Peter