Printer's status cannot be changed from offline

=?Utf-8?B?QXRsYW50YSBEb2pv?=

      22nd Mar 2007
I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows Vista Premium. I have
repeatedly tried to install my old Lexmark printer, and the installation has
been successful. However, I cannot print any documents because the status is
always "offline" and resists any attempt I've made to change it to ready. The
documents I send to the printer line up in the queue but nothing ever comes
out. Only one test page, not from Windows but from Lexmark's software, has
printed. Otherwise, I get nothing. Can anyone help?

Hugh Wyn Griffith

      22nd Mar 2007
You might try bypassing the print spooler to see if that avoids the
problem. Right mouse click on the printer icon in Settings / Printers
and select Properties. Depending on the printer there is likely to be a
setting [x] Print direct to printer. Try it and see what happens.

I've also just seen a message elsewhere from someone with a similar
sounding problem who after much trial with other solutions solved it by
uninstalling Adobe Reader .....

Worth trying if you have it installed; I do and don't have the problem
so it's anyone's guess; but then this is VISTA <g>

If none of these works tell us what make and model of printer it is.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

      22nd Mar 2007
What model of Lexmark are you trying to install?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

news:(E-Mail Removed)...