Printer says offline

Terry

      8th Dec 2008
I have a HP Network Color printer. This printer installs fine on several XP
Pro PCs. We also have a Xerox network printer that installs fine on ALL PC’s.

On one PC (XP Pro) the HP printer keeps on saying “offline”. All the other
printers install just fine on this PC, and this printer installs fine on
other PC.

I installed from the install CD, also tried setting the IP port manually,
there are no error messages, just say “offline”

I would like to try to find out where if look for the problem.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

      9th Dec 2008
disable SNMP on the port.

Verify thet you can open the webpage on the printer

IP or hostname how ever you configuring this.
htpp://NPIHOSTNAME

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a HP Network Color printer. This printer installs fine on several XP
> Pro PCs. We also have a Xerox network printer that installs fine on ALL PC's.
>

> On one PC (XP Pro) the HP printer keeps on saying "offline". All the other
> printers install just fine on this PC, and this printer installs fine on
> other PC.
>
> I installed from the install CD, also tried setting the IP port manually,
> there are no error messages, just say "offline"
>
> I would like to try to find out where if look for the problem.

Terry

      9th Dec 2008
Thanks
I will give this a try

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> disable SNMP on the port.
>
> Verify thet you can open the webpage on the printer
>
> IP or hostname how ever you configuring this.
> htpp://NPIHOSTNAME
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a HP Network Color printer. This printer installs fine on several XP
> > Pro PCs. We also have a Xerox network printer that installs fine on ALL PC's.
> >

> > On one PC (XP Pro) the HP printer keeps on saying "offline". All the other
> > printers install just fine on this PC, and this printer installs fine on
> > other PC.
> >
> > I installed from the install CD, also tried setting the IP port manually,
> > there are no error messages, just say "offline"
> >
> > I would like to try to find out where if look for the problem.

Banned

      10th Jun 2011
Hi,

For turning on the offline mode, firstly you have to firstly click Start.

You have to take the Control panel. In that, you would select the option named Printers and Faxes icon.

When you click that it would open a window.

That window would show the list of printers which are being connected to the system.

Then, double-click the printer in which you have to change the mode. A pop-up window would then appear.

You would go to the printer in the menu bar of that pop-up window.

Lastly uncheck the use Printer Offline. After performing that the printer would go into the online mode.

get more help and information............. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/18...r-line-problem hope this helps you.