Printer Deleting Itself

Adyrah

      6th Sep 2008
I have an HP Photosmart C4280 All-In-One printer and it keeps deleting itself
from my computer. I will install it, and it will work for a day or so, and
then it is gone. Sooner or later, it will ask for the installation CD and
will register a NEW copy of the printer onto the computer. Meanwhile, I have
no printer. Can anyone help me with this? What can I do to make it stop doing
this? Or at least, how can I use the CD to make it work. Keep in mind that I
am a teenager and therefore not allowed to mess with all the wires of the
computer, so it can't be anything really technical like that.
Thank you all so much.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

      7th Sep 2008
HP has the fix for this www.hp.com look for your printer and associated
downloads.

You can also disable the HP CUE Discovery service that deletes the printer
and driver when it thinks you are no longer communicating with the device.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Adyrah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an HP Photosmart C4280 All-In-One printer and it keeps deleting
>itself
> from my computer. I will install it, and it will work for a day or so, and
> then it is gone. Sooner or later, it will ask for the installation CD and
> will register a NEW copy of the printer onto the computer. Meanwhile, I
> have
> no printer. Can anyone help me with this? What can I do to make it stop
> doing
> this? Or at least, how can I use the CD to make it work. Keep in mind that
> am a teenager and therefore not allowed to mess with all the wires of the
> computer, so it can't be anything really technical like that.
> Thank you all so much.

New Member

      27th Feb 2012
I am having the same problem with an HP Series 5600 all in one printer. I am running WinXP SP3. I didn't have this problem before I installed SP3. Wondering how to fix it?