Print without margins - is it possible with Powerpoint or is it a printer problem?

kev

      4th Aug 2003
I have an Epson Stylus Color 580 and am trying to print a page without
a margin.

Having set the pages to custom for the printer I am still unsuccessful
in producing the right result. I have even told Powerpoint to use a
page setup slightly larger than A4 in the hope it will spread the
output beyond the phsical size of the paper. Unfortunately I still get
a margin.

Any ideas to solve this? I am beginning to think that it is beyond
the capability of the printer. My searches have not produced any
information one way or the other about this printer's abilities in
this respect ie to allow a full page print...again does anyone know
for sure?

KM

kev

      4th Aug 2003
Thanks for that. The test proves the printer leaves margins. At least
I don't have to keep trying to solve something that is unsolveable.

KM

>You have to know the printeable area of your printer.
>
>To get this information open WORD.
>
>Choose File - Page setup and set all margins to 0 (Zero).
>
>Press OK and then Correct (not Ignore)
>
>Now your printer driver gives the minimum margins.

Sonia

      4th Aug 2003
Because of the impact on your budget perhaps? LOL!
--

Sonia, MS PowerPoint MVP Team
http://www.soniacoleman.com

"John O" <johno@NoSpam!!!heathkit.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Any ideas to solve this? I am beginning to think that it is beyond
> > the capability of the printer. My searches have not produced any
> > information one way or the other about this printer's abilities in
> > this respect ie to allow a full page print...again does anyone know
> > for sure?

> If the printer's feature list says "full bleed" then it can print the

entire
> surface of the paper. Otherwise, somewhere in the printer specs it will

have
> a spec called "printable area." Full bleed printers are uncommon and
> expensive.
>
> But I wonder, why is it called "bleed"?
>
> John O

Steve Rindsberg

      4th Aug 2003
> If the printer's feature list says "full bleed" then it can print the
entire
> surface of the paper.

Some may claim full bleed at a particular size but to get it, you have to
buy special oversize paper then trim. Caveat emptor.

> But I wonder, why is it called "bleed"?

Because the image "oozes" over the edges? Or maybe because the ink (on a
printing press) does that and gums up the works?