print spooler

Paul

      1st Mar 2005
Hello all

The print spooler on my win2k server will stop at least once a week. If I go
into the services and look at the spooler service it is stoped and when I
start it again it will work find then will stop again for no apparent
reason.

Right now the spooler is set to "automatic" will setting it to manual make
any difference?

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Alan Morris\(MSFT\)

      1st Mar 2005
Check for drwatson dump files, they may give a clue what is failing within
the spooler.

You can set the spooler to restart on failure. But check if any of the
drivers you use have an update if they are not inbox.

Start / Programs / Administrative Tools / Services
Locate Print Spooler and open properties
There is a Recover tab on the service. Change the action to Restart the
Service.

You can have a different action for the 1st, 2nd and subsequent failure

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

news:u$(E-Mail Removed)...