Print Spooler Server not running error

Buck

      21st Jul 2003
When I try to install a new printer, I get a message
of "Operation cannot be completed" & when I check the
print server properties, I get the message "Server
properties cannot be viewed. The print spooler service is
not running."

Any ideas anyone? Please e-mail me with ideas at
(E-Mail Removed)

Thanks in advance.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

      21st Jul 2003
Have you tried starting the Spooler?

From a command prompt, type:

net start spooler

(and hit enter)

Cari
www.coribright.com

"Buck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:03fc01c34f51$8822c070$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I try to install a new printer, I get a message
> of "Operation cannot be completed" & when I check the
> print server properties, I get the message "Server
> properties cannot be viewed. The print spooler service is
> not running."
>
> Any ideas anyone? Please e-mail me with ideas at
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Thanks in advance.

jbkayak

      24th Jul 2003
still didnt work

any help

Bruce Sanderson

      26th Jul 2003
See http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm.

--
Bruce Sanderson MVP

news:025c01c3522a$98d5fa50$(E-Mail Removed)...